“Disappointing ”

Sea Life Brighton Admission Ticket
Ranked #37 of 172 things to do in Brighton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Dive into an amazing journey through the original Victorian architecture of the oldest operating aquarium in the world, built in 1872. Look out for the dazzling scales, gigantic teeth and fantastic fins of our 3,500 mesmerising creatures and get closer to them than ever before. We are open daily from 10am, with last admission depending on time of year.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This aquarium is better suited to families with Young children. It took us about 20minutes to walk around and we were not impressed with the lack of signage.

Max L, General Manager at Sea Life Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

I have worked in the aquarium for 10 years, and I think I would struggle to walk around in 20 minutes. I think each of the talks when we feed the animals hourly take longer than that. I am sorry that you did not have more time to appreciate all of the displays and creatures.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 041)
All reviews
"tanks"
in 252 reviews

182 - 186 of 2 041 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We come here fairly often as my 18 month old is obsessed with fish and aquariums, which makes the Sea Life centre perfect as it’s only a short distance from our house.

Only issue, when it’s raining in Brighton there’s very little to do that’s indoors, so the Sea Life centre gets incredibly busy.
Unfortunately, the management are happy to cram a lot of people in, meaning you end up shuffling shoulder to shoulder with people, not clearly seeing the exhibits and feeling rushed when you do get a look.

A rainy bank holiday weekend is the worst possible time to visit if you’re not a fan of crowds.

Hello Jamie, I totally agree with you, our busiest days are wet bank holidays, so I would also recommend visitors try to plan there visit not based on weather conditions.

We carefully control flow of visitors, but in order not to disappoint people it is a careful balance between slowing the flow through admissions and manageing the queue line expectations.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I took my adult Autistic son here and he loved it. I thought it would be quieter to go when the doors are just opening however it was actually quite busy with little people but it was still ok and not too noisy. The experience is very good, with lots of interesting facts, and so many fish to view you can see why it is so popular. My son survived without sensory overload, and the staff were also very helpful too.

There are plenty of parking spaces very near to the venue, and car parks nearby too.

Thanks for taking the time to review, and pleased your son had a pleasurable experience as well.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This was a fantastic place for all ages with a very large variety of sea life. Our daughter had an amazing time and a reasonable cafe inside. Was a bonus to hide from the rain for a few hours.

Thanks for choosing to shelter from the weather with us. Delighted we made is so pleasurable for you.