“Nice setting, average food”
Review of The Katarina

The Katarina
Ranked #971 of 1 314 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At The Katarina Harvester in Brighton food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Brighton, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Brighton, Woodingdean and Willingdon, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We sat down early on a Saturday evening. The restaurant is nicely laid out. I love the facility of reviling your own drinks. The food was ok. Steak was poor but the chicken was nice. The service was good so can’t complain.
As a coeliac I feel that more could be done to provide alternatives to wheat. Having to wade through an entire folder to find out what is wheat free in this day and age shouldn’t be necessary. They tell you whT is veggie and vegan. Time to move with the times Harvester.

General Manager A, Manager at The Katarina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for your great comments!

Harvester is currently working on easier and more efficient ways in which our menu layout can cater for all dietry requirements, to which we hope will be available soon. We will pass your eagerness on to our head office teams!

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Came in a quick bite before the england game did not know they had a tv so ended up staying great staff realky friendly will definetely be back a millions times now

General Manager A, Manager at The Katarina, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

The kataruna is located very close to Brighton children’s hospital where we have spent the best part of a month with our baby daughter.
Tonight was the first time we were allowed out for a while and all I wanted was a family meal with both my children and husband. On arrival I was shown to the lift (a great addition since the refurb!) and then to a perfectly good table where we could fit a high chair too, however..... our exhausted 6year old son had other ideas and wanted to sit in a booth (no high chair would fit so this wasn’t an option!) after a mini melt down from him, a lot of stern looks from me, and an almost scary March over from my husband we were at loggerheads and I was virtually on my last straw. Sharon however found an alternative booth where a High chair would fit (cue happy 6yr old!) she listened to me ranting and raving about my horrendous month, and she informed the kitchen we were on a really tight schedule before our daughter had to be back in hospital. Food arrived in super quick time, was lovely and tasty, we couldn’t finish the meal (partly because our daughter decided to start throwing peas around ) but also amazing sized portions. Sharon went to the trouble of finding out our sons name, continued to call him by his name throughout the meal and basically saved the sanity of two totally exhausted even more out of control than usual parents meaning we had our first family meal together in weeks!!!! Sharon you don’t know just how much your kind gestures meant this evening- yours a star, thank you!!!

General Manager A, Manager at The Katarina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you very much for your great feedback! Let me assure you your comments were passed back to Sharon and she was incredibly grateful! We take pride in our Family Friendly attitude and we’re glad we went above and beyond!

We hope you return soon for another Famil Meal! X

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Had a nice meal for two at the Harvester yesterday. We were served by Michael who was very friendly and always checked back on us to make sure we had used the salad bar and enjoyed our meals. Nice dining area and excellent price, would recommend.

General Manager A, Manager at The Katarina, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you Joe for these great comments! Its great to hear how you enjoyed yourselves and how Michael went that extra mile! We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Just been to the marina harvester with my sister and her two kids. Not only great value with the kids meal offer but Saron was just great! Super friendly and super helpful! More patient with my nephew then I ever am! Thank you!

General Manager A, Manager at The Katarina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

We are delighted to hear to had a great time at The Katarina! We pride ourselves on being a Family Restaurant, and its fantastic to receive comments about how our team are achieving that!

Hope to see you and family again soon Carl!