“Well hidden in the lanes”
Review of Costa Coffee

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Costa Coffee
Ranked #12 of 14 Bakeries in Brighton
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my first visit to the Brighton Market Street Costa and found it to be similar other Costa branches. This particular branch was a lot smaller than most that I have visited, but there was also a large amount of outside seating. All tables appeared clear and clean. I was quickly served at the counter as there was no queue, but the member of staff could have been more friendly when taking the order, as she was not very understanding when I slightly misunderstood something she said.
The menu is the same as any other Costa with what appear to be standard prices.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Not a big unit but the standard fair including the new sausage roll offering - who can believe it’s taken Costa so long to discover this English staple!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I recently visited this Costa & descended downstairs to use the toilet. There are 2 unisex toilets & 1 hand washing basin serving both toilets. As I waited my turn, a male staff member came out of the toilet & ascended the stairs WITHOUT washing his hands. I found the member in the small kitchen area once I'd surfaced to the shop floor. I challenged him on his toilet hygiene. He ADMITTED he had not washed his hands & gave his reasoning for not doing so by means of, coming straight upstairs to use the hand sanitation gel. He then tried to 'fast talk' me re taking hygenie seriously & pointed to various posters on the wall. I told him Costa & Starbucks had recently been found guilty of fecese in their ice. He tried to over talk me but failed.

Now...honestly.....would anyone (who takes hygenie seriously) walk past a wash basin after using the toilet to go upstairs & use hand gel. IF they took hygenie seriously...they would use the wash basin AND then the gel, as countless dirty hands have gripped the handrails on those stairs!!!!

1  Thank Cath J
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I admit to being a fan of Costa so maybe I am a little biased, But, this is my opinion for this particular place. A great spot to sit outside and enjoy a coffe and bite while people watching as perfectly located in the Lanes. I find the coffee excellent and the service first class. Always friendly and polite staff. The food is standard Costa fare but it suits me.

1  Thank Allan F
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely coffee. Friendly staff. Smaller than the usual ones but still comfortable and relaxing to take a break in from busy shopping in brighton town.

1  Thank joandclo