“Lovely”
Review of Bus Stop

Bus Stop
Ranked #36 of 1 309 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Description: Our mission is simple - to offer the best, most authentic Caribbean food and cocktails in Brighton! Jerk chicken, roti and macaroni pie are big favourites accompanied by our famous Bajan Rum Punch. Mount Gay rum, Carib or Banks beer can be enjoyed in a relaxed and cosy atmosphere whilst listening to sweet reggae music.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Spent a lovely evening here last week. The atmosphere is fun and the staff are all very friendly. I ha the pork chop which was lovely - and a very full plate. My husband had the cajun style seabream and said it was delicious. the premises are small, but I think that's a good thing. All in all a very enjoyable evening

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I was really looking forward to eating here but the food was a let down. My Curried goat was ok but luke warm. Not luke warm enough to send it back but luke warm enough to detract from enjoying it. My partners jerk chicken looked bland and tasted bland although it was fairly ok when dipped in the sauce. The sides were decent enough. It wasn't that it was a bad meal, it just wasn't a particularly good meal either. Forgettable, which is a shame as it's a cosy enough place with friendly service. We had beers, the wine seemed a bit steep at £18 a bottle. It was busy at 6.30 pm on a Saturday but it's hard to see that anyone would be rushing to eat there a second time.

2  Thank HoveMan1960
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

If you visit Brighton you must go to Bus Stop. It is incredible. Great food - proper portions of amazing hearty Caribbean grub. The macaroni pie is unreal and I can really recommend the pork chop and fried chicken. The cocktails are lush and the music and general vibe is too cool. Thank you Dominique and the team. See you soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

In advance of arrival I received 2 phone calls to check we still wanted the reservation. I don’t have a problem receiving one call as we did book well in advance- but a second call an hour and half before our table was booked seemed unnecessary. We arrived by cab and were greeted by the comment “you are early.” Table was booked for 730 and we arrived at 720. There were 3 other people in the restaurant at this time so I don’t understand the problem.
We were shown to our table ; ordered drinks and food. The cocktails were good and the food very tasty. All 4 of us enjoyed our food. We all had 2 courses . At 8.50 we were asked if we wanted dessert. We said not and were told that “ this table is booked again at 9”. We were all still drinking and had not long finished our mains. At no point either on booking or the 2 calls I’d received since booking was the 2 sitting arrangement mentioned. Had it been I wouldn’t have booked as I don’t like to feel rushed. Then at 8.55 we were approached again with a reminder that the table was booked at 9 at which point I said “when they arrived we will go”. My husband and friend were finishing their beers and no one had arrived for the table. At this point my husband said that at no point had we been told we only had the tablets for a limited time. The guy looked a little embarrassed and said that he ( emphasis on the HE) always told people and squirmed a little. So we drank up and left. We spent £150 between us ; arrived on time and didn’t dawdle. The place was full at one point during the evening and fairly full when we left so unsure if it was just us who had to leave by 9 . Still a little confused by the whole thing but on the basis of limited table time and general treatment I will not be back.

Dominique O, Owner at Bus Stop, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Many thanks for your review whilst it is upsetting to read a review of this nature it is also vital to ensuring we maintain our standards & improve our systems. I have spoken to Stephan this morning & it would appear your table suffered the consequence of a previous booking error which resulted in your table having less time. Completely our fault & we apologise sincerely.
Please allow us to rectify the situation by emailing me at info@busstop.biz so we can discuss a complimentary meal.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Had a great meal here on Sunday, Jerk Chicken and Mac Pie were delish!! Loved the atmosphere, service was on point and music was spot on!