Reviews (2 418)
2 419 results
1 122
1 122
All reviews cocktail bar chilli pickle open plan bathroom toilet door frosted glass door carousel room funky hotel superior room car park the penthouse floor to ceiling windows hotel bar north laine dvd player steam room central location bars and restaurants
18 - 23 of 2 419 reviews
Reviewed 12 September 2018

I stayed in this hotel with a friend for only one night. The room and bed and the condition of room was very good. I was disappointed that the breakfast was not included of their expensive hotel bill.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Adam R, General Manager at My Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review of our hotel!
I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay. Our rates are available as room only or inclusive of breakfast and this can be selected at the time of booking.
Please contact the hotel for any future reservations and the reservations team will be able to advise the best available rate.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Chose this hotel after staying in the sister hotel in Bloomsbury. My, what a difference! Most certainly style over content. What is perhaps meant to be stylish, retro and funky was just plain cheap, uncomfortable and soulless. The view from huge windows into a large office block directly opposite just added to the disappointmentment. The bathroom was just too much part of the room and afforded absolutely no privacy.

The room was shabby in areas and needed a revamp

Downstairs was a noisy dark and rather tacky bar.
Unlike the Bloomsbury hotel, no lovely bar or cafe area and no nice breakfast.

Avoid

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel!
I'm sorry to read that you didn't like our unique offering to hotel life. Each of the properties in the group are very representative of the neighbourhood they're in, reflecting the personality and individuality of the area. I appreciate this won't be to everyone's taste and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a night in a lovely room but it was expensive, and did not include breakfast! However bath was very nice and large round bed was fun and comfy. However at two o clock I had to call the night porter I could not sleep due to the noisy air conditioner vent which sounded like an alarm. He and and told me he could not do anything but switch it off and give me a fan. Not really ideal as it was baking hot!
I the morning I went downstairs and used the toilets on ground floor which I found were unisex and stunk like a urinal! I’m sorry but not too my taste. This hotel is achingly trendy but has not got the basics right! Also nobody asked me how my night was at reception after being kept awake!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our hotel!
I'm sorry to hear that you encountered some issues whilst with us. The problem with the AC has now been rectified, so I'm pleased to say that a repeat will not occur.
I hope your experience will not deter you from staying with us should you find yourself in Brighton again.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Although not to every ones taste we found our stay in My Brighton near perfect. The room was a great size, the bed comfy, the shower unbelievably good and the service next to
perfect. During our stay out tv didn’t work and the DVD connection was really poor, we were offered another room, but we were already 3 days in to our stay and already unpacked and settled so decided to go with out. We had no view to speak of apart from a strange half view of the Pavilion, but that was fine by us. I can see where some couple would be uncomfortable with the frosted glass toilet and shower doors but we were fine with it. The mini fridge was a tad over stocked and, due to previous trip advisor comments we took photos each day to prove that we hadn’t used it...we didn’t need to do this. Yes some areas need a bit of sprucing up and look a tad tired but all in all it was brilliant. We can’t wait to come back next year.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
AdamR1ce, General Manager at My Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of My Brighton!
It's pleasing to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us and liked our unique offering to hotel life.
The entire system, including the TVs have been changed this week and now offer a great selection of channels and pay per view viewing.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Brighton.

My regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed for two nights over the August bank holiday weekend and we loved the place.

The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the shower was excellent.

The only minor grumbles would be the lack of TV channels though it doesn’t matter that much anyway if your on a mini break and the hot water was not always very hot.

Apart from that it’s a brilliant hotel that I’d highly recommend!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gavin A

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review of My Brighton!
It's pleasing to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us.
I must apologise for the lack of TV channels, but can confirm the entire offering, including the TVs have been changed this week.
The issue with the hot water has also been resolved.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Brighton.

My regards,