“Amazing Food.”
Review of Chilled Red

Chilled Red
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Swanage
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Was a bit difficult to find it but as soon as we walked in, staff were brilliant. We booked a table as they are very busy and was on Wednesday evening and only had availability from 20.30. Food is absolutely amazing, we ordered Venison and Lamb, both dishes were perfectly cooked, tasty and very well presented. Desserts again were wonderful, service was great and professional. Staff very polite and attentive with all guests. Not expensive for quality you got. All experience was fantastic and if visiting Swanage again, definitely will visit again. High Recommended.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

My partner and I were in Swanage just for one night and headed to Chilled Red for an evening meal. They were quite busy but did find a table for 2; for larger groups, it may be a good idea to book a table. The food generally was good, lots of fish to choose from in the menu. The only disappointing factor was the poor quality tea after the meal, I would expect some good quality loose tea served in a restaurant, not the supermarket PG tips.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Wowed we really where , took a bit of finding but when we did it was so so so great ,loved all the food the service the whole lot a must place to find. Even the wife left a tip and that dose not happen very often. You have to find this place it's that good

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We visited Chilled Red for our wedding anniversary and so wanted to splash out on a special meal.
We were so disappointed at the quality of the food. Our starters were ok, but the mains were very underwhelming with two insipid sauces on the fish we ordered, and nothing very special at all. We expected great food after reading the reviews, and whether this was on off night I don;t know. What I do know is we paid over £100 for an underwhelming starter and main course each with a bottle of wine, and I wished we had gone to a fish and chip shop instead and saved ourselves the money. Staff seemed to be trying to rush us out and my husband was given his starter before he had even finished his aperatif. The decor was also tired and even the serviettes were paper napkins rather than material! A high price tag for a very average experience. Very, very disappointed.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Chilled Red is our favourite restaurant in Swanage and our visit this week was fabulous. Just great food - I had the lobster and my wife had the sea bass. The starters and deserts were also high quality as was the service. Some people have talked about a limited menu as a negative but to us this is a positive. The restaurant focusses on what it is good at and delivers every time.