All reviews sea view west cliff on arrival bournemouth bay turkey tinsel parking is limited town centre course meal single room full english friendly hotel comfy bed weekend break plenty of hot water long weekend reception desk fantastic location
Reviewed 16 September 2018

I had the joy of making a 2nd visit to this wonderful hotel when dropping my son back to commence his 2nd year at Bournemouth Uni. I booked myself a single room which was located on the top floor which boasted the most amazing sea views. As soon as I stepped into the hotel it felt that I was on a mini break, I love the location of the hotel as it is about 5 minutes walk from the beach. The hotel itself is full of character. The dining room in which I enjoyed a fabulous breakfast has lovely views across west cliff gardens. Theresa, Gary and the other staff members are so lovely, and it was a shame that I couldn't stay longer. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to get away from the soul less chain hotels it really is a bit special.

Room tip: the top floor offers amazing views and is accessible by a lift as well as stairs. Very very quiet. Had an amazing nights sleep.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GaryR2701, General Manager at Hotel Riviera by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for such a lovely review. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here in july 18 and we could not have been better looked after-
The staff were nothing short of attentive and a special thank you to sue, gary, david & teresa.
I have several dietry requirements and nothing was too much trouble and made my stay so much easier and pleasurable.
The hotel although slightly dated was clean and the room overlooking the Sea was stunning-
Would highly recommend amd will definately be returning in future

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GaryR2701, Manager at Hotel Riviera by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Hi
Thank you very much for your kind words and I have passed on your comments to the staff which really put a spring in there step to know that they are appreciated for there efforts we look forward to your return (the only problem with the review is you should of put my name first lol!!!)
All the Best

Reviewed 26 August 2018

If you’re looking for a family friendly hotel with a warm welcome really close to everything Bournemouth has to offer then I would thoroughly recommend. Myself and my son visited for the Everton match and were warmly greeted - with a bit of harmless football banter - and then well looked after during our stay. The hotel is really close to the sea and has nice features like a beer garden and the breakfast was really tasty. Only reason for not giving 5 stars is because the room and bathroom were a little on the small side but that wouldn’t prevent me returning. Thanks for being such hospitable hosts.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi David
Thank you very much for your very kind words we really appreciate it and if football was only 70 minutes you would have had a better trip!!!! good luck for the rest of the season (except when you play us)

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We have just spent two lovely nights at this hotel and what a lovely friendly hotel this is. Gary and Teresa were so friendly and nothing appeared to be too much trouble. The bedroom was very adequate for our needs with a side sea view (when standing up to look out of the window) the bed was very comfortable so not a bad night’s sleep at all. The room had tea and coffee making facilities in but we mainly used our own coffee. The breakfast was cooked to order from a menu list however when I asked for scrambled egg on toast that was no problem at all and very nice indeed. The bar prices are very reasonable too for hotel prices.

All the guests seemed friendly, parking was easy and accessible. If and when we are in Bournemouth again we will definitely be staying at the Riviera.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gary R, General Manager at Hotel Riviera by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Hi
All I can say is Thank you so much for your kind words,we really do appreciate it

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

My partner lives close to Bournemouth but wanted to book a night away with family as a treat for my partners mum so booked Hotel Riviera by the Sea. It is perfectly located on the cliff above the beach with stunning views of the coast. We loved everything about the hotel, it’s setting, the rooms, lovely bar with balcony overlooking the gardens and the sea, the breakfast and, most importantly, Teresa and Gary and the rest of the staff. It is such a friendly spot - we will definitely recommend to friends and would love to visit again.

There are plenty of restaurants close by to choose from and we ate in a lovely pub located just five minutes walk which was recommended to us.

Keep doing what you are doing! Please don’t change... it’s rare to find such a friendly spot these days!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi
We are lost for words and very humbled that you have taken the time to write such lovely things, Thank you so much.