Reviews (1 413)
1 413 results
All reviews sky bar the executive lounge ted baker level bar car park modern hotel amazing hotel sauna and steam room main restaurant an upgrade town centre spa facilities breakfast was excellent lovely room member of staff sea view sea front
92 - 97 of 1 413 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Because it is the Hilton and they charge £22 each for an afternoon tea (which is quite high from the average) you expected quality but unfortunately was not the case.

The food was not fresh and was straight from the fridge because was really cold. The sandwiches and the desserts were not nice at all.

The view and the cream was the only worth it.

For having a cup of tea we had to go to the bar because no one was there to asked how was the food or if we required anything else.

But if you think that is bad, here comes the worst part. They gave you a small lemon curd which had two expired dates; one with the 17th of June and another one with the 29th of June.
My visit was between these two dates, therefore I decided to speak with the staff, because the manager wasn't there and their justification is based on the fact that the pots are washed and then they fill the pots again. If this is the case, then the label has to come off, right? but it didn't, so the pot can be dirty as well.

After this, I just left the bar with more doubts about this place

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diana Carolina S
HiltonBmth_Manager, General Manager at Hilton Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Diana Carolina S,

Thank you for your review. If possible, could you please reach out to us via the Sky Bar email address Level8.skybar@hilton.com as we would like the chance to Make It Right for you. From your comments it sounds very much like we have some making up to do.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Only stayed over one night en route to Dorchester to pick up our new car. The hotel is clearly new or refurbed as the standard of the decor and furnishings all over is very high and very tasteful. We had breakfast there and the staff were warm and welcoming with lots of conversation. The breakfast offering was bountiful and really really tasty. The reception desk staff and the duty manager were incredibly friendly and very helpful with a couple of things we asked for. Nothing is a trouble to them. The hotel car parking could be an issue if you have a lot of or heavy luggage as there are many steep stairs from the car park to the reception area. The hotel location is absolutely ideal for the pier, the beach, the town centre, the beautiful park and gardens, shops and places of interest. We would definitely recommend this excellent hotel. This site isn’t allowing me to rate location, cleanliness, and service nor the optional extra things to say link but you can see from my review I think they are five star.

Room Tip: This site isn’t allowing me to rate location, cleanliness, and service but you can see from my review I think they are five star.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear davidmF3197HZ,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of what we do at Hilton Bournemouth! For those with heavy luggage we recommend our guests drop it off via the car port at the front of the building to save carrying it from whichever car park they choose to use for the duration of their stay.

Really pleased that the team members that you encountered were model representatives for the hotel, and as you say we are really blessed with the location, with shopping, the beach, the gardens, Bournemouth International Centre and many great bars and nightspots within a few minutes walk.

Once again, thanks so much for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed as part of a package we had won. I know Hilton is a decent brand and I was looking forward to it, with some expectation....
....it’s a really beautiful hotel. Clearly newly refurbished, I hope it manages to maintain its charm when its not brand new. For now, very impressed. Huge spacious bedrooms decorated really tastefully and a nice fresh design feel. The shower was a total hit. You need to try this one.
All the staff come across as real hoteliers. In particular the lady that brought up our room service dinner for the four of us. The food is really amazing. Beautifully presented, tasty and cooked to perfection. Breakfast is fresh, stylish and not overbearing. A lovely walk through the gardens gets you to ‘The Bournemouth Eye’ and the beach.
100% would book again. Just gutted we didn’t make the Sky Bar’ before 6pm as we had the kids.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Joanna b,

Great to hear that you had a fantastic time with us and congratulations on your competition win!

We hope to welcome you back soon to try out the Sky Bar!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Great hotel, great location, but service was shocking, room had crisps on the floor, not mine, great view off balcony, breakfast was a joke queue into reception, because chef could not do bacon !!!, we asked 4 members of staff for tea and coffee, seemed all they cared about was their appearance, when we logged the complaint with reception, sorry system down cannot do that, really, I normally only give positives, but Hilton you let my group of 8 down.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms best, be aware, Saturday night quite noisy, but that is city centre.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MalcMc13

Dear MalcMc13,

I'm sorry that your groups service experience with us was not up to our usual high standards and can only apologise for the service and wait at breakfast, and the missed mess on the floor in your room, both matters have been communicated to the relevant department heads as urgent for attention.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, we will use them to ensure that we do better next time.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here to see a concert at the BIC from a location perspective it was fantastic

The twin room we had was a good size and had a balcony which as the weather was amazing was great. Could do with 2 chairs rather than 1 and a table out there too though

We visited the roof top bar which was really nice.

We didn’t eat in the restaurant but it looked nice.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
HiltonBournemouth, General Manager at Hilton Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear VickyLL75

Thank you for sharing your comments with me. I’m delighted you enjoyed your recent stay here, particularly the sky bar, and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards