4 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$157
HurbUS$178
Reviews (1 719)
1 719 results
All reviews superior room sauna and steam room the hotel car park changing area swimming pool spa break cream tea short break lovely hotel night break leisure facilities groupon voucher town centre spa area creaky floorboards west cliff per day
Selected filters
34 - 39 of 1 719 reviews
Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

Booked a last min 3 night stay costing just under £1000.

Price reflective of season and last minute however looking a pictures I thought why not.

Hotel is old and does not have contemporary rooms.

Parking is £15 a day and limited but biggest annoyance was £5 per person charge each time you used the pool. We pointed out our £1000 3 night stay but tough. I have never been charged extra to use a pool.

Rarely do I say stay away but unless your paying £100-£120 a night stay away. Use local travel lodge or premier inn

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MattSK1
Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

I booked this hotel last minute for 3 nights through a well known travel website paying almost £1000 for 3 nights.

Obviously it was my choice to pay this amount and did so accepting the season and last minute booking increased the cost. However the use of a pool and images made.me think it would be a really nice hotel in a prime location.

Location perfect

The hotel is tired and does not have 'contemporary rooms'. The images of the hotel are certainly well filtered and make the hotel look far more impressive than it actually is.

Parking is £15 a day but you then can't move your car then use of the pool is £5 per person per session. It is being charged for the use of the pool that really annoyed me.

I have stayed at many hotels that charge for extra spa facilities or treatments but charge for use of a pool at £300 a night NEVER

Take my advise stay at the nearby travel lodge or premier inn. I have never in any reviews told anyone to avoid a hotel but avoid this hotel unless your paying no more than £100 per night.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank H245IRmattheww
Reviewed 16 July 2021

Where to start.
Booked a room with a view via booking.com. On the confirmation it stated parking was free and there were no extra charges to use the facilities. Upon arrival at the hotel we were told where to find the room that's all. Ok? So where do we eat ? Wheres the facilities? If there was a fire where do we go ? Nope nothing! Then was told if the car was parked in the car park longer than 15 minutes we would be fined £100. 'Room with a view ' down stairs with a view of a bricked wall and pallets called booking.com who spoke to hotel knowing we are there 2 nights we got offered 1 breakfast. We stated that we wanted to cancel and get a refund why pay £209 for a room when I could stay over the road for £80. The room was a dump staff unhelpful clearly not got the experience as everytime we tried totally to someone noone knew anything yet was told to visit reception to resolve this. Decided to go for a wonder of the hotel and got followed by staff. Excepted to pay £5 to use a freezing cold tiny pool which was dirty and a sauna that can fit 2. Honestly don't book unless you got money to waste for a bad experience

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 581sammieb
Paul Feasey, Owner at The Durley Dean Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2021

Dera Mr Todd,

Thank you fro your review.

I am saddened that you feel you have to write such an unfair and untrue review just because you failed to get to stay with us for free which seemed to be your intention from the start. Any readers can view our page on our page on Booking.com and see that your review is full of falsehoods..

If I can answer your review points as follows:-

You booked a room with Booking.com but you did not book a room with a view. The Durley Dean does not have any sea views as we are set away for the immediate coast line. No where on booking.com does it offer any room types with a view. You have failed to mention that having said you would like a room in a different location you were shown alternative rooms and you moved to one of your choice which was an upgrade to Refurbished Superior Room. You chose this room and were ahoy with it.

Check in under Covid is kept to minus for yours and our guests safety. A welcome letter is in every room detailing all the facilities. On the back of every door is a Fire Evacuation Drawing and instructions of what to do in the event off a fire.

The Pool area has been chargeable due to Covid and limited numbers that can use it. This is detailed clearly on Booking.coms website. Parking is also clearly detailed on Booking.coms website at £15 poor 24 hrs.

Late afternoon you contacted Booking.com direct and demanded you were refunded for you stay and still epxted to stay that nigh on top. You cited the things in your review and they refused your refund and pointed out that you had not booked a room with a view and confirmed to you that the Pool and parking charges are displayed on the hotels page.

I take great comfort in the fact that the majority of our guests have a great stay as detailed by the lovely reviews
and that most readers will take a balanced view.

Reviewed 15 July 2021

Really professional and kind welcome from the receptionist Cathy and Sara,
The room was spacious, really cleaned, well furnished and complete with all necessary accessories,
Really enjoyed the massage treatment from Alina, Amazing,Attentive, a great listener and communicator,
Everything went over my expectation,
In hospitality the staff is the really key of success, and their are definitely the proof.
I will only improve the hour of check in, as is summer destination place, (receptionist made a fantastic job) and the environment of the bar.
Highly recommended

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank CianLow
Reviewed 14 July 2021

Fantastic for family visit to the seaside. The Durley Dean Hotel has a great location. The staff are very welcoming and helpful and wonderful with the children. The hotel facilities were great and the children thoroughly enjoyed the swimming pool. The room was lovely and able to accommodate a family of 5 and we all enjoyed the food! A wonderful stay which we all enjoyed!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel