Reviews (1 274)
1 274 results
All reviews buyagift voucher superior room small pool sauna and steam room changing area changing rooms the hotel car park cream tea spa break leisure facilities short break street parking lovely hotel creaky floorboards town centre night break self service
515 - 520 of 1 274 reviews
Reviewed 30 December 2016

I had been given a wowcher gift voucher for a 2 for 1 hotel stay I researched through tripadvisor. I have to say I was a little worried from what previous reviews had said but the location appeared good and thought it was worth the risk.

I'm glad we did, we had 2 good nights which included breakfast.

The location of this hotel is really good, a path at the rear leads straight to a Harvester restaurant and the beach front. As well as being close enough to walk to the centre for other shops and entertainment.

We were welcomed and checked in promptly, with services explained well. We were allocated room 309. The lift is small, max 4, but the whole time we were there on only one occasion did another person enter the lift with us.

The floor was rather creaky but this is a Victorian town house hotel so, i think, should be expected. It wasn't at all bothersome and though there were plenty of occupants on our floor their movements did not bother us.

I was nicely surprised with our room. Tea / coffee making facilities, tv, hairdryer, fan, iron & board.

The tv was large and when switched on appears with a welcome screen that explains any questions and queries about the hotel and your stay.

Our bed was a double, comfortable and although we were on a main road I still slept like a log, usually I struggle to sleep in new places. If you are sensitive to noise I'd maybe ask for a room on a higher floor and maybe to the rear, though like I said the road noise did not bother our stay. The room was nicely dark, which may sound odd but lights from alarms, tv's etc bother me at night and this room had none :-)

The bathroom had brights lights above the mirror, good for ladies putting on make up. Two rolls of toilet paper with a spare also provided, sanitary disposal bags, also complimentary soap, washing gels and hand lotion. The towels were a good size for both myself and my husband. The only points we found were the floor of the bathroom was rather slippy, wearing socks I almost lost my balance on entering the bathroom. The cold tap came on with quite a burst of power. The shower (in a bath) was quite tricky to off as it was quite stiff, maybe an older person or one with weak hands would struggle. The shower though was nicely powerful and kept a constant temperature.

Our experience of breakfast was good. A wide selection to chose from, cereals, pastries, hot foods, toast, teas, fruit juices etc. The staff were quick to refill and also to remove used items from the tables.

Both my husband and I have said that we'd return to stay at the Durley Dean

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2016

Having been to a number of hotel Christmas parties, this one was pretty good. The disco could have been a bit better (not sure 2 guys who look 60 plus are the best DJ's). What was good was the food. Everyone commented that for such an event the food was really good. All in all a great night!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

My wife and I on a Woucher Voucher decided to return to Bournemouth a town we had not visited since the 1970's when we regularly spent summers here with our son.
The hotel is easy to reach by car being just off the ring road in West cliff.
Its location is great as out of the front door and within 5 minutes walk is the shopping centre and a good choice of restaurants while from the rear entrance and a few minutes walk is West Cliff itself overlooking the East and West promenades and the pier.
The hotel is used by coach tour parties so the dining room can be very busy although our package only included breakfast,which was substantial in the range of dishes available.
We were allocated a room on the 1st floor ,an advantage as the lift from reception is very small so that guests on the higher floors either have a long walk upstairs or a wait for the lift.
The staff are excellent being friendly ,helpful yet professional.
For the size of hotel the car park is very small.A parking
permit can be obtained from reception for the duration of your stay.To get a spot on the day of arrival it is advisable to arrive as early as you can,check into reception for the permit ,park the car and than spend the first day as you wish.
Overall a nice experience and well worth a stay in a lovely town which has lost none of its allure from the 1970's.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2016

Had a lovely stay in a room with Victorian windows that lifted up and looked out onto the streets of Bournemouth. Comfy beds and a lovely breakfast (not included in room price) as well as a beautiful swimming pool and sauna area. Would deffo return, 5 minute walk from the beach and activities and a 10 minute walk to the harvester restaurant at the bottom of the hill.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

We were greeted with warm friendly smiles throughout our 2 night stay with access to leisure facilities, complimentary Continental and English breakfast and a two (2) minute walk to the beach. Rejuvenated

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple