“Great day out!”

Camouflage Paintball
Ranked #24 of 45 Fun & Games in Bournemouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Owned and operated by one of Europe's largest paintball companies, our Hurn site is located near Bournemouth. It has been completely rebuilt and now boasts some of the most comprehensive facilities of any paintball site in the UK and is undoubtedly one of the the best equipped in Europe.
Reviewed 22 September 2016

I really enjoyed the afternoon what we spent here and don't understand those negative ratings, it's paintball not a nail polishing course. Let's rock! Thank you guys it was great!

1  Thank sydneyames3x
Camouflage-Dorset, Manager at Camouflage Paintball, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Dear Sydne,
Thank you, for summarizing the situation so well !

While no business runs perfectly all of the time, I can tell you that the Camouflage Paintball sites are unusual in the industry, in that the infrastructure, facilities and staff training are right up there with the best of them and you simply won’t find better anywhere.

The smaller competitors in the area won’t spend the money to match us, so you end up with “fake” reviews, sighting subjective things to try and put customers off.

I guess that behind the scenes of any business sector there is going to be some unsavory behavior.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

In my opinion this was a total disaster day! All the Marshall's looked under 16, they had absolutely no control over some rowdy and out of control players! Players were just firing at there own team members even when they were already shot. When some players were rebuked by the Marshall's for firing indiscriminately they were just ignored and the firing continued! Even at the practise range where you could test fire your weapons before entering the zones, players were just firing into the air and the trees which resulted in me being shot in the head by a player. My friend was shot in the thigh on the way to a zone in full view of the Marshall's and nothing was said! Players were still firing on the way back to the rest area and once again in full view of the very timid Marshall's!
I felt that there is a very grave safety issue at this site and it wont be long before someone receives a serious injury as a result of immature Marshall's not intervening and correcting players for inappropriate behaviour!

I have sent several letters to this site and to their head office raising my concerns over the safety issues at this site, but to date I have not received any replies!
I have been to many paintballing events in the UK but this is the first time I have ever had reason to complain, especially when my family and friend's safety is at stake. I will not be visiting this site ever again!!

2  Thank patrick242

Dear Patrick,
Quite a perplexing review.

Your claim that you have sent several letters is not quite correct. I believe that you sent two letters to two other paintball companies, one of which was forwarded to us and we replied to you, advising that we would investigate the matter, however you made your post on Tripadvisor before we could reply.

Your letter is quite different from your Tripadvisor post on several points, one of them being that you were shot in the head – your letter says that you were “nearly shot in the back of my head” – quite a significant difference.

I also notice that your letter says that you have been to our site before, so I can only assume that you were happy with your previous visit and your letter also says that the site “is quite good and the layout is of a high standard”.

Although you may not be aware, employing someone less than 16 years of age for this kind of work is illegal and without putting too fine a point on it, you should not judge people by their looks, particularly as many of our Marshaling staff attend University.

I have checked the records for the day and see that as usual, we had the correct ratio of Marshals to customers in accordance with the United Kingdom Paintball Sports Federation’s guidelines on staffing and over half the marshals on that day were ‘seniors’, having done the job for several years.

While there was a customer shot in the back of the leg, the Marshal on that game field determined that it was an accident.

As the manager on that day, I know that you did not report your safety concerns to me and given that you say they were serious, I remain perplexed, as none of the Marshals reported any problems of this type during the end of day debrief.

Also, I refer you to the three reviews immediately prior to yours, specifically mentioning the high quality of staff on site.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

We had a great experience at camouflage- although there were other customers who were trying really hard to make it a bad day as they were cheating so much but the manager moved them and switched the teams around which sorted it out!

The facilities are so good compared to when I went there last- I was very impressed with the free tea and coffee all day and how organised the day was.

Would happily come back and recommend to anyone!

1  Thank jackieH8989
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Had a great time with my college friends, staff are really helpful and all the marshals knew what they were talking about. Would highly recommend!! I'll be back soon!