“The best, most informative tour I have every been on.”
Review of Dorset Day Trips

Dorset Day Trips
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dorset Day Trips offer an exciting range of award-winning guided sightseeing day tours around Dorset & the New Forest, all from the comfort of our fantastic ‘70’s-style VW camper! With pick-ups in Poole or Bournemouth, the VW comfortably seats 7 passengers, making our trips really personal and fun. It also means we can fit anywhere a car can go, opening up places that even larger minibuses just cannot go!
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend. We took a number of different tours in this area and this tour was by far the best. Daren went above and beyond to accommodate our family of 7. Daren was very informative about each stop and did a wonderful job tying in our family’s history along the way.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"informative tour"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2018

We have just spent two days on tour with Daren in Snowy and thoroughly enjoyed both the trips of the Jurassic coast and the Hardy's country trip today. We would highly recommend this to anyone and have seen and learnt a lot about Dorset including things one would not normally find or know about.

Daren G, Owner at Dorset Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

I’m so pleased you both enjoyed the tours, John - thanks so much for your review and for spending your valuable time and money with Dorset Day Trips! Hope to see you on your next visit to Dorset!

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Jurassic Coast Tour with Darren and Snowy
Steve and me visited Portland for a few days and I booked a surprise tour with Darren for our anniversary to see the Jurassic Coast. We had the most amazing experience visiting some of the best places in Dorset with Darren and Snowy. Darren is a very knowledgeable person he also gave us a anniversary card which we thought was such a nice touch and he did ensure that we were comfortable travelling with Snowy. Darren really did make the tour unique and showed us all the great places in Dorset and explained the history behind these wonderful places. Steve and I had an amazing day out and I'm so glad I came across him on trip advisor I really would recommend Darren for a great unique tour and believe me I learnt alot from our day trip out I will be recommending Darren to anyone who says they are coming this way.:) Keep up the good work X fi and Steve

Thanks so much for your review – I’m really pleased you both enjoyed the trip! A tour in Snowy the VW is a great way to celebrate an anniversary or special occasion - I try to make every trip in Snowy special, whatever the time of year and whether private trips like yours, an exclusive version of one of my tours or a standard trip! Hope to see you when you next visit!

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We were picked up by Daren from our hotel and introduced to Snowy, his VW camper van. Daren is an accomplished guide, and his knowledge of the area is immense, interspersing historical facts with little gems of information that only a local person would know. For example, The Smith Arm's Pub is the smallest pub in England in the village of Godmanston; Puddleton,which is sited by the River Piddle, from which it derives its name, used to be known as Piddleton, but this fell out of favour, probably because of the alternative meaning of the word "piddle"!! We drove past Maiden Castle, an Iron Age hill fort, but excavations have discovered occupation beginning over 6,000 years ago. Daren negotiated very narrow roads with great skill, always aware of other drivers. He gave us generous time for lunch as well as keeping us on schedule for the rest of the tour. We would have liked more time at the Roman ruins, but were aware of the time constrains of the itinerary. We would definitely like to join another tour with him, ie Jurassic coast, in the future.

1  Thank Ruth B

It was a pleasure showing you the best sights of countryside Dorset – thanks so much for your review! There’s so much to see here in Dorset that coming on one of my trips is the best way to see as much as possible in the time you have available. Hope to see you on your next visit to Bournemouth!

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Melisa and I visited Bournemouth for the weekend and we booked a tour with Darren to see the Jurassic Coast. We had the most amazing experience visiting some of the best places in Dorset with Darren and Snowy. Darren is a very understanding and caring person and he took care of our safety and did ensure that we were also comfortable travelling with Snowy. Darren was eager and excited to show all the great places in Dorset and explained the history behind these wonderful places. Overall Melisa and I had a very enjoyable journey all the way and back with such a pleasant person behind the wheel. Thank you Darren and we both hope do to another tour with you soon.

I’m so pleased you both enjoyed the tour - thanks so much for your review & kind words! We do our level best to make sure every trip is special, and your exclusive upgrade meant it was even better - I’m so pleased you had a great day! Hope to see you on your next visit to Bournemouth!