Review Highlights
Wonderful day out with Daren!

Daren's Jurassic Coast tour was a fantastic experience for my husband and me on our recent UK trip... read more

Reviewed 28 October 2018
Jill F
Jurassic coast with Broadchurch locations

Daren went above and beyond to accommodate us after our tour with Dorset Tours was cancelled at the... read more

Reviewed 30 September 2018
gailtouchie
Guelph, Canada

Recommended experiences in and around Bournemouth
All reviews corfe castle jurassic coast vw camper durdle door his knowledge lulworth cove private tour vw bus new forest amazing tour day tour safe driver historical sites great sights informative tour booked this tour country lanes
Reviewed 16 August 2018

We have just spent two days on tour with Daren in Snowy and thoroughly enjoyed both the trips of the Jurassic coast and the Hardy's country trip today. We would highly recommend this to anyone and have seen and learnt a lot about Dorset including things one would not normally find or know about.

Date of experience: August 2018
Daren G, Owner at Dorset Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

I’m so pleased you both enjoyed the tours, John - thanks so much for your review and for spending your valuable time and money with Dorset Day Trips! Hope to see you on your next visit to Dorset!

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Jurassic Coast Tour with Darren and Snowy
Steve and me visited Portland for a few days and I booked a surprise tour with Darren for our anniversary to see the Jurassic Coast. We had the most amazing experience visiting some of the best places in Dorset with Darren and Snowy. Darren is a very knowledgeable person he also gave us a anniversary card which we thought was such a nice touch and he did ensure that we were comfortable travelling with Snowy. Darren really did make the tour unique and showed us all the great places in Dorset and explained the history behind these wonderful places. Steve and I had an amazing day out and I'm so glad I came across him on trip advisor I really would recommend Darren for a great unique tour and believe me I learnt alot from our day trip out I will be recommending Darren to anyone who says they are coming this way.:) Keep up the good work X fi and Steve

Date of experience: August 2018

Thanks so much for your review – I’m really pleased you both enjoyed the trip! A tour in Snowy the VW is a great way to celebrate an anniversary or special occasion - I try to make every trip in Snowy special, whatever the time of year and whether private trips like yours, an exclusive version of one of my tours or a standard trip! Hope to see you when you next visit!

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We were picked up by Daren from our hotel and introduced to Snowy, his VW camper van. Daren is an accomplished guide, and his knowledge of the area is immense, interspersing historical facts with little gems of information that only a local person would know. For example, The Smith Arm's Pub is the smallest pub in England in the village of Godmanston; Puddleton,which is sited by the River Piddle, from which it derives its name, used to be known as Piddleton, but this fell out of favour, probably because of the alternative meaning of the word "piddle"!! We drove past Maiden Castle, an Iron Age hill fort, but excavations have discovered occupation beginning over 6,000 years ago. Daren negotiated very narrow roads with great skill, always aware of other drivers. He gave us generous time for lunch as well as keeping us on schedule for the rest of the tour. We would have liked more time at the Roman ruins, but were aware of the time constrains of the itinerary. We would definitely like to join another tour with him, ie Jurassic coast, in the future.

1  Thank Ruth B

It was a pleasure showing you the best sights of countryside Dorset – thanks so much for your review! There’s so much to see here in Dorset that coming on one of my trips is the best way to see as much as possible in the time you have available. Hope to see you on your next visit to Bournemouth!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Melisa and I visited Bournemouth for the weekend and we booked a tour with Darren to see the Jurassic Coast. We had the most amazing experience visiting some of the best places in Dorset with Darren and Snowy. Darren is a very understanding and caring person and he took care of our safety and did ensure that we were also comfortable travelling with Snowy. Darren was eager and excited to show all the great places in Dorset and explained the history behind these wonderful places. Overall Melisa and I had a very enjoyable journey all the way and back with such a pleasant person behind the wheel. Thank you Darren and we both hope do to another tour with you soon.

Date of experience: July 2018

I’m so pleased you both enjoyed the tour - thanks so much for your review & kind words! We do our level best to make sure every trip is special, and your exclusive upgrade meant it was even better - I’m so pleased you had a great day! Hope to see you on your next visit to Bournemouth!

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a different experience Darren is your man! We liked so much the first trip that we booked a second one immediatly!!

You can be sure that Darren will explain you anything you want to know. Besides, you can get with snowy (van) places unknowed for the most of tourists. Moreover, Darren is always kind, helpful and very patient about taking pictures.

Date of experience: July 2018

Thank you for your review & kind words, Jose – I’m so pleased you all enjoyed the tours! Yes, Snowy the VW reaches the parts other tours just cannot reach! And I always think it’s important for guests to have great photos of their adventure so do try to help where I can. Hope to see you for another trip when you next visit the UK!