Lowest prices for your stay
Orbitz.com
US$98
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
Reviews (1 739)
1 739 results
1 000
1 000
All reviews sea view rubber duck excellent location superior room restaurant manager sea front christmas party lovely hotel car park town centre buffet breakfast lounge area reception staff afternoon tea double bed family room enjoyable stay
Selected filters
25 - 30 of 1 739 reviews
Reviewed 20 July 2021

We were in a superior king but there was nothing superior about it! The room was very tired with was p wallpaper peeling off, ill-fitting curtains, two single beds almost pushed together instead of a king, stained and torn bedlinen, Old, rusty bathroom fittings, rust around the bathroom mirror and thick dust on the blinds! No bathrobe or slippers as advertised. Cooked breakfast was either luke warm or cold every morning and the orange juice tasted like flavoured water. The restaurant is advertised as having one rosette but they omit to mention that was over 5 years ago and the dinner menu is nothing like the sample menu on their website which encouraged me to book and pay for dinner as well as breakfast.I should sue them for false advertising! Menu choices are limited, the menu was not different on a daily basis ,food is mediocre and the service is abysmal. we had to wait on average about 30 mins between courses every night even though there were only about 3 or 4 tables occupied. My first holiday since Covid began was ruined and I should be offered compensation from the hotel for false advertising!

3  Thank Helbyname
Amy Thomas, Other at The Hermitage Hotel Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2021

Dear Helbyname,

Thank you for your feedback and I will investigate all of your comments regarding the bedroom.

Our dinnner menu changes on a daily basis, however we have reviewed it and implemented new dishes since your stay with us.
We have also reviewed our breakfast service and menu which seems to be working well.
We don`t false advertise as the rossette award we have is reviewed annually by the AA.

I am sorry you had long waits between courses, we cook everything fresh to order which can take slightly longer.
However, it shouldn`t take 30 minutes and I will discuss this with our kitchen team.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 July 2021 via mobile

I wanted to raise a complaint about our stay on Saturday the 17 June 2021. We stayed in room 420 it was cooler to be outside than it was in the room, when we opened the windows to find only one would fully open and the second partly. When the windows were open there was cooking smells coming into the room and noise from outside. Which resulted in us having about 3 hours sleep. The bath was drab and in state of disrepair.

We checked out of room by 8.30 on Sunday morning as the room was drab and unwelcoming. It was nothing like the pictures.

We wanted to have a drink when we arrived to be told we could not have a cocktail as there was only one person working.

The breakfast was even worse cold and very poor quality. If you are vegetarian as I am do have the breakfast as the server was using the same utensil. Only fruit on offer was grapefruit or prunes just not good enough.

Extra coat of £14.00 for parking and then £15.00 each for breakfast which would have been better If I had gone to a local cafe.

Would never return here cannot say just how bad this hotel is.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tonywV2904OX
Amy Thomas, Other at The Hermitage Hotel Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2021

Dear tonyV29040x,

I`m really dissapointed reading this review and that the noise and smell coming from outside disturbed your sleep.
This is a very unusual occurrence and if we were notified we would of tried our very best to resolve it.

We offer a large variety of drinks on our bar, but we don`t advertise cocktails.
Seperate utensils should be used for each item served on our breakfast buffet and I am sorry that on this occasion it didn`t happen.

We are always finding ways to improve and have added extra breakfast items to our menu since your stay with us.

Carparking is charged if you book through a third party.

Thank you for writing a review and I will investiagate all of the comments you have made.

Reviewed 17 July 2021

Booked a superior room as a treat for my husband’s birthday, very disappointed, the room was clean enough but tied and out dated, tatty bathroom with toilet that didn’t flush properly, chipped bath and rusting grab rails over the bath. Room advised with fluffy robes and slippers and a nespresso coffee machine of which there were none. Breakfast was poor, buffet style with no Covid restrictions in place. Not quite sure how they have a 4* rating.

1  Thank skt54thomas

Dear skt54thomas,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will investigate all of the comments you have brought to my attention regarding your Superior room.

I am sorry your expectations were not met and you felt our breakfast was poor.
We have emplemented a new breakfast buffet style since your stay and added extra items to our menu.

We operate following the Government Covid-19 guidelines at all times.

Once again thank you for writing a review and I hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2021

What do I say? I wouldnt go back and I have been a loyal customer. 3 nights b&b. Was stupid money. A superior room with the table and wardrobe stuck down with selotape as the fake veneer was peeling half way across the table. I'm talkin6a superior room here remember...stains on the carpet....only shower gel in bathroom. No other goodies. Just as well I packed shampoo and conditioner and a dressing gown
Superior rooms supposed to get a dressing gown. No way!

Sorry Hermitage but it just wasnt worth 900 quid for 3 nights. Pretty disgusting. I will book the Highcliff Marriott next time. And oh....dinner was a f rip off too. 17 each for HALF a sea bass fillet. Youre taking the f piss.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa S
Amy Thomas, Other at The Hermitage Hotel Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2021

Dear Lisa S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I will look in to the comments you have brought to my attention as this is not our usual standard.

Reviewed 15 July 2021

So the superior king is advertised as having a 7 adult capacity and 3 children, complete with the above. I booked as I thought it would be a very spacious room, making our stay more comfortable.

The sea view room that we paid for was not enjoyable at all due to the fact the windows were all misted up.

On arrival to the room there was no bathrobes and slippers, also there wasn’t any Nespresso Coffee machine or any Hildon Water as advertised. We reported this but was only given the bathrobes and slippers. Which were really rough to touch so we did not use them.

Also whenever we used the bathroom hot tap it kept making a loud grinding noise. Of which we reported and it was not fixed. This made it very difficult to sleep with us having to keep playing around with the tap to stop it making the noise.

I complained twice and have had no response.

The only good thing was the lovely barman and the cleaning staff who were very polite.

I would not stay here again. It's definitely not 4 star.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank cuddlynikki

Dear Cuddlynikki,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I will look in to the comments that you have brought to my attention and I am sorry that no one has responded to you.
If you contact me directly I will follow this up.