Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel
The Connaught Lodge(Bournemouth)
Manchester Hotel(Bournemouth)
Reviews (1 653)
1 653 results
All reviewsthe cottagessea viewbrasserie blancdorchester suitecottage roomoutdoor poolleisure clubmain buildingthe cliffper dayleisure centrefantastic locationcar parkingsea frontbreakfast was excellentafternoon teachanging rooms
FilterAll languages
9 - 14 of 1 653 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a lovely located hotel overlooking the sea and beach. Having a seaview and listening to the sea was nice. The staff were nice a friendly and nearly all non-UK. The rooms are nice and comfortable and the beds comfortable.
No mini-bar and 2 teabags and 4 small milk cartons is not ideal. No water provided and the staff at reception didn't recommend to drink the water from the tap.
The carpark is small and not ideal for a hotel.
I asked the breakfast team for milk for the room, who told me to go to reception, who asked housekeeping and it took about 15 minutes to arrive.
The staff wore jeans and most of their shirts had never been ironed, so very scruffy.
I felt a bit ripped off with the cost of my hotel GBP250 a night. Many guests from my opinion couldn't afford the cost I had paid and I don't think the hotel warranted that kind of cost.
The hotel and rooms were far too hot, so the windows needed to be open to give a well aired and cool roomI have to say that I have stayed in far better hotels for less in London. Personally I would do more research before booking a hotel in Bournemouth again.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Alan J
Rebecca G, Manager at Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Alan J,

Thank you for submitting your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott hotel.
Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologise for falling short of meeting your expectations.
We have shared your feedback with our partners in Brasserie Blanc and with the rest of the hotels team to ensure any disappointment is isolated in the future.

Sincerely
Mariya

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staying here over the Easter weekend, the deluxe room was advertised originally at £373 per night, we paid £123 A great deal you think...... NO. Room 509 is very poor, holes in curtain, dirty sofa, chipped bath and screws sticking up out of the floor. Really not what you you'd expect and you have to pay £12 for parking. I won't be staying here agian

Room Tip: Don't have room 509
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jason M
Rebecca G, Front Office Manager at Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Jason M,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Bournemouth Highcliff Marriot Hotel. I would like to apologise for any frustration or disappointment that you experienced during your stay.

The bedroom that you stayed in has been removed from service so that the challenges that you detailed may be rectified as a matter of urgency.

Once again I would like to express my sincerest apologies and do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott hotel for the stay that you expect and deserve.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic location for the Bournemouth international centre and Bournemouth town . The hotel was lovely but slightly overpriced for 1 night . Reception staff very helpful. Bar staff a few times ignored the customers and the tables weren’t always cleared up for at least 45 minutes onwards. This kind of standard hotel I feel there should of been a hotel porter taking people’s luggage up to the rooms for them - if this was available we were never told about it. We saw people taking up their suitcases and a trolley for a lot of luggage themselves .

Spa was fantastic , one of the best treatments we have ever had . The massage that we both had was fantastic and the lady was very professional and very friendly and thorough.

Wouldn’t rule out staying here again but feel the hotel could up its customer service slightly just by the little extras that I mentioned .

Restaurant staff on the Sunday morning for breakfast could not do enough for us - especially one of the ladies there she was brillant .

2  Thank Louise H
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We just spent our anniversary at this hotel. It is lovely and clean our room was perfect. Bed comfy lovely big bath and plenty of hot water. The staff were all so friendly. The spa is lovely overlooking the sea. Had a perfect anniversary stay here. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank mandycox3
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights on a mini break. The hotel is lovely, with fabulous views across Bournemouth beaches and bay. We had a nightmare journey there and rang to say we may be late. The staff were tremendous, very empathetic and assured us that the room was ours and we would be fed. When we eventually arrived we had a note with a bottle of wine & chocolates saying how sorry they were about our journey and that we could now relax and unwind. We were so touched by this lovely gesture.

The room was a good size with a bay window with views of the sea and pier. It was well equipped with a fridge, and the usual tea and coffee making facilities. We were able to get fresh milk for the coffee without a room service charge.

The brasserie is good with a great selection of different foods and not overpriced. The hotel is well positioned for Bournemouth Town Centre and for the surrounding area. We walked to Hengistbury Head and back.

There is a lovely leisure centre with a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, which was just what the doctor ordered after a 10 mile walk. I can’t fault the hotel and would be happy to stay there again.