Reviews (1 821)
1 821 results
All reviews the cottages sea view brasserie blanc dorchester suite cottage room outdoor pool leisure club the cliff per day leisure centre fantastic location car parking sea front breakfast was excellent afternoon tea steam room town centre
288 - 293 of 1 821 reviews
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

After reading recent reviews I nearly cancelled my reservation but I am glad we didn't.
We stayed In a superior sea view room which was spotlessly clean, tea/coffee facilities,mini fridge, massive comfy king bed and beautiful views- the bathroom is old fashioned but was spotless.
We used the leisure club that was included twice- much nicer early morning when it's quiet. Pool, jacuzzi steam and sauna were all good. Good changing rooms with lockers that don't need change, fresh towels provided, dryers for swimming costume.
Breakfast was really good- omlette station aswell as cooked buffet, fruit, pastries and cold selection. Tea and coffee topped up several times without asking.
We did also eat in the restaurant in the evening- the food quality was good but it was a little overpriced and a 10% service charge automatically added to be aware of.
Location is the best thing right on the sea front a 5 min walk into the town centre.
The only downside was check in that took about 40 minutes with a very confused receptionist that could definitely use some more training- all other staff members were helpful.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Joannephilbin
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Every year my family and I go the Marriott to watch the famous Bournemouth Air Show. It has always had a great, buzzy atmosphere there, with a couple of bars outside, a barbeque where you can get really tasty burgers etc from - but this year, it was abundantly clear that the Marriot had no interest in earning from this event.

The front drive which was where they had always placed the bar/barbeque in past years, was full of parked cars. Seating had been removed, no food available outside, no bar whatsoever, so when you wanted a drink, you had to go the lounge bar inside where they had ONE member of staff serving on one side. Nine people deep at the bar, I have never heard so many disapproving, negative comments about a hotel before. One customer who I happened to start talking to said that she uses the Marriot for events as she is an events organiser in London - but never again - she was absolutely horrified by the lack of service and care. This is a really sad review to write as the Marriott is a land mark in Bournemouth - but they've lost it :-(

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Toot C
BournemouthMarriott, General Manager at Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Toot C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent visit for the Air Show. I sincerely apologize for the frustrating time you had across the weekend and the negative impression it has left with you and your group.

We outsourced our restaurant and bar in June of this year to Brassiere Blanc and unfortunately the council did not grant a temporary licence for the operation of food and beverage at the front of the hotel when requested. We will address this directly with the council but it is their right to control these licences.

The Brassiere Blanc team did increase staffing across the event but clearly your experience shows not enough staff members were present at key show times. I have shared your feedback with the general manager so he is also aware of your feedback.

We are working to have service returned to normal for next years event as we know it is such a highlight for so many of our loyal guests and a key family annual get together.

Kindest regards,

Hugh

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Back in March my partner and I were treated to a night away to this fine hotel by my father. All in all it was the most wonderful experience I had ever had. The room was outstanding as well as the service. To top it all off the staff went above and beyond to accommodate for this special occasion. Definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Sea- view suite
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Well, I have stayed here on and off over the last 15 years and this year's trip was the first for around five years. The greeting was the standard UK hotel nonchalant welcome. Not so much a welcome, more of an inconvenience for the staff, but we're in the UK so the staff have been trained to extend the kind of welcome we expect! The facilities on the ground floor have improved massively and the bar area, Brasserie restaurant etc are really lovely. The black and white striped carpet in the bar area looks really nice, despite the stains, spills and dirt. The prices are good too. Sometimes its £11.50 for a pint and a glass of wine, the next time £10.75 and so on. Its good to see that they have their finger on the exchange markets and alter the prices as they day / evening proceeds.
After a great day watching the airshow in glorious weather and a wonderful meal at the Brasserie (despite the "For Christ sake, more customers" greeting). Its time to retire, to a 1980's two star hotel. The room is adequatly sized and we've paid extra for a lovely sea view, which you can't complain about. However, the room is battered. Its dirty, brown grouting around the toilet, scuffs all over the bath panel, screws evident on it too. The door to the en suite looks like its been emulsioned and its filthy around the handle. The door frame is battered and the bathroom has been over tiled two or three times. There is half a roll of toilet paper. By day two, despite housekeeping, as the Americans say, the bin was still full. Then there is the seating. I'm 49 and my parents had chairs the same as these when I was 13. Okay, so the room has a massive television, big deal. Its nice and modern but its like putting a sat nav on a Penny Farthing - Modern it is not!!
Breakfast was not great either, being questioned at the table, in front of other guests, about us having to pay for breakfast (which we'd paid for in the package) was so embarrasing and unforgiveable. It was also tepid at best and we were glad it was eventually cleared that we had paid for it.
What a shame, We'd got fond memories of this place and have had some great times here, the location is brilliant. Sadly, a hotel trading on its location alone is no good for us. We won't stay here again, which is such a travesty. It could have been so good. Great location, fantastic food in the Brasserie, staff (not all I hasten to add) that seem to view paying guests as an inconvenience, but the overall experience was really poor.
Highcliif - You have let us down.

Room Tip: Get yourself a time machine and go back to the 80's when the rooms might have been tidy.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Geofferson17

Dear Geofferson17,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us following your recent stay. I sincerely apologise for the product and service issues that so negatively impacted your stay. particularly as so many of the detail issues were ours to control and deliver. I have shared your feedback across the operations team so we can react and follow up. We will continue to work to improve in all areas. Our loyal customers are the foundation of our success and we must deliver consistently in order to retain that loyalty.

Kindest regards,

Hugh

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and service.Very nice place. Highly recommended,we both really enjoyed food. I loved the very nice prawns dish and excellent wine. Price fairly reasonable, given the high quality of food and service!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple