All reviewsgames roomfull size snooker tableswimming poolentertainment every nightdance floorolder clientelelarge car parktable tennisdouble and single bedroad noisesteam room and saunaeach eveningtown centrepiping hotbreakfast and dinnerexcellent hotelwaiting staff
Reviewed 24 February 2017

We had a very good two day break at the Hotel Collingwood, the staff were friendly and efficient, the food was excellent, the room was clean, comfortable, and well presented,the hole hotel had a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere the free car park at the rear of the hotel is a great asset once you have parked you can forget the car because the hotel is very central

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Michelle K, Owner at Hotel Collingwood, Sure Hotel Collection by Best Western, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear Margaret T,

Thank you for such a lovely review of Hotel Collingwood, I will pass on your compliments to the team, as they will be delighted. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again here in Bournemouth.

Owners

All rooms booked direct are guaranteed their own parking space. To explore our room options and great B&B and half board package deals contact the Hotel Collingwood team direct on 01202 557575.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

I stay regularly in about a dozen hotels in Bournemouth, where budget and leisure facilities are important. I booked a single room for £29 a night with breakfast, car parking is free (not £10 a night like some have surprised me with). The hotel has a nice pool, small Gym - a proper jacuzzi, Sauna and steam room - perfect for the average keep fit minded people. The hotel policy was to upgrade you if they are not busy and have the room, so very happy with a nice twin, very clean and comfortable. I didn't have dinner as I was on a budget, but breakfast was very good - not like some that tend to bulk cook everything and leave it on a self serve hot plate. Staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. If anyone has any doubt's about why we need our friends from Europe - visit this hotel, the staff are a great example of what I generally experience in most hotels that have a majority of EU workers. I used booking.com but look out for some better deals on their website, as I was told they will be updating it soon.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Dear Legin Y,

It’s really good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very lucky to have parking at the Hotel as we are in a very central location and as you know parking is a premium these days. The Hotel Collingwood team will be delighted to hear that you found their service “excellent, friendly and helpful “. I will pass on your comments to the chef and his team, we pride ourselves on our freshly cooked breakfast. We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Had a great time at this hotel with my partner and kids. There's plenty to keep the kids occupied with ours enjoying the swimming and pool table particularly. Excellent location with beach nearby, staff extremely helpful and the food was lovely. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Dear JOHNMR1978,

Thank you for such a fantastic review, I will pass on your compliments to the Collingwood team and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We were put in a family room which was a good size, the bed was comfortable and the room was modern and well equipped with everything we needed. Biggest downfall is lack of sleep, even with all the windows shut you could hear EVERYTHING outside, very very noisy. We both struggled to get to sleep and woke up continuously in the night. If the hotel invested in double glazing our stay would of been a lot better, but we also found the staff quite rude which is disappointing.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Michelle K, Owner at Hotel Collingwood, Sure Hotel Collection by Best Western, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Dear Charis S,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Collingwood. I am very disappointed to hear that you found the staff to be rude, they do not usually receive this kind of feedback but this is unacceptable and I can only apologize to you. We are in a very central location within a very busy and vibrant town, and I am sorry for your poor nights’ sleep, perhaps another room would have been more suitable for you both. We would be very happy to welcome you back and if you contact me personally I can make sure that we allocate a more suitable room.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

So friendly, so accommodating, comfortable rooms, great location, good facilities and top notch food.
Why go anywhere else?
Our party was made up of three couples who were young at heart but probably wouldn't get in the football or netball teams this year but we were made to feel as welcomed, valued and included as the young families who shared the hotel. The Collingwood has a great atmoshpere for a small / medium sized hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stanton2013
Michelle K, Owner at Hotel Collingwood, Sure Hotel Collection by Best Western, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Dear Stanton2013,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your Kind comments about the team at Hotel Collingwood, they really do care about our guests’ experience. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.