Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$129
Hotels.comUS$129
PricelineUS$129
TravelocityUS$129
CheapTicketsUS$129
Destinia.comUS$134
Reviews (1 915)
1 915 results
All reviews sea view outdoor pool lovely hotel east cliff large room evening meal waiting staff leisure facilities sea front town centre short break public areas self service buffet style car parking hallmark jacuzzi
Selected filters
51 - 56 of 1 915 reviews
Reviewed 19 July 2021

Through Covid 19 we experienced several amendments and changes in booking a birthday celebration at the Carlton Hotel, Bournemouth. When the day finally arrived I was ore than impressed in the way that the Carlton had pulled out all stops n making the day a marvellous event. Their selection in appointing us the library made it intimate was perfect for our twelve guest. I loved the table lay out and the service run by Nicci, virtually a one man band, found impeccable. The food was excellent and the service was faultless. I have no hesitation in booking my next years celebration at the Carlton on a much grander scale.

Room tip: We did not book a room
Date of stay: July 2021
Cheryl Lucas, Other at Bournemouth Carlton Hotel, BW Signature Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2021

Thank you for your review from your birthday celebrations at the Carlton hotel. I am pleased that the hotel was able to make the occasion special for you. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year. Kind regards. Cheryl Lucas, Guest Relations.

Reviewed 19 July 2021

This hotel has seen better days. Peeling wall paper, stains on ceiling, shower from the 70s. Facilities in the room are poor, tea bags left in a freezer bag, no complimentary water or glasses to drink from. Shabby and run down, with basic facilities, and yet, cost nearly £250.
The food in the bar was appalling. Just frozen, poorest quality stuff, and the kid's pizza was tiny, and microwaved, soggy and disgusting and came on a burning hot plate handed straight to my 4 year old. And cost a fortune for something so poor quality. The outdoor pool is nice but I'd never eat there or stay there again for that price.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the hotel, your comments have been noted and will be reviewed to see where improvements can be made. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me at guestrelations@lghhm.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards Cheryl Lucas, Guest Relations.

Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

We had a family function at this hotel on Sunday 18th of July.
We have nothing but praise for the arrangements, the location was superb , the food was amazing and the organisation skills of Nicky left absolutely nothing to chance.
The complete function was left to her and we had after meeting with her total admiration for the manner in which she carried out her duties to perfection.
Well done Carlton Hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review from your recent family function at the hotel and for your comments about Nicky, which I will be sure to make sure are passed on to her. I am so pleased the event was a huge success. We hope to see you again soon. Kind regards. Cheryl Lucas, Guest Relations

Reviewed 19 July 2021

We had a very nice weekend at The Bournemouth Carlton Hotel. Everything was spot on. The room was great, dinner and breakfast in Fredericks restaurant was enjoyable. The staff are getting back to normality after being partly closed for months due to the pandemic. Full marks to the hotel and their staff, especially the delightful 'Kerry.' Will be back in September with others.

Date of stay: July 2021

Thank you for your lovely feedback following your stay at The Carlton. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your break and the staff looked after you well. Thank you also for the mention for Kerry, I will be sure to pass this on to her. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends in September. Kind regards. Cheryl Lucas, Guest Relations

Reviewed 17 July 2021 via mobile

We’ve stayed at this hotel several times before because it offered good amenities, great location and was always reasonably priced- but this wasn’t the case on this trip.
The hotel is badly in need of refurbishment, public areas are drab and tired looking. Our room was along a small dark dingy corridor that had a filthy’Private’ door we had to look at every time we went to our room, it was very off putting.
Furniture in our room was chipped and a hole in the bathroom wall was not what I had expected. The shower never worked properly and what has really annoyed us is that so many reviews on another website mention the same problem- I had one decent shower in four days- but were led to believe it was a fixable issue which it clearly isn’t!
The staff were pleasant enough and worked hard at breakfast to ensure we had all we needed despite the Covid restrictions. Although room cleaning wasn’t available we always received clean towels etc if we asked for them.
Unfortunately we wouldn’t recommend this hotel despite the location and amenities, until there had been a significant refurbish. It’s not cheap and they really do need to look closely at the reviews they are being given to help improve.
To summarise it’s overpriced and even the most basic hotels a third of the price can provide a decent shower.

Room tip: Avoid room 324! Plenty of parking available.
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank michelefox329