11 people are viewing this hotel
US$77
US$77
Free cancellation until 21/10/10
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
Reviews (4 160)
4 160 results
1 300
1 300
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
91 - 96 of 4 160 reviews
Reviewed 18 July 2021 via mobile

Well with travel restrictions for going abroad we thought let’s do the right thing spend our money in the uk. So we decided to go Bournemouth not been there for 30 years. So we booked the Royal bath which should be the rotten Bath hotel. Ok on arrival no different to any other check except wife had gone in re parking none on site so told up the hill a fair way up. My wife says a man was already complaining about state of his room and cost . We check in go to room and it’s poor quality and I mean poor no air con over looking the busy road had to keep windows open to stay cool soon going to learn at midnight to 4am we would hear many stag / hen night . In addition the bed was awful you see 2x2 new legs added mattress was
Over due for the tip along with the carpet no doubt installed 1838 off to restaurant for meal ok cost 14 quid but it was disgusting I’m no chef but I could do a 1000times better. Ok off for our bad nights sleep to wake no water go to breakfast stand in line for 10 minutes when another customer says look at all the empty tables out comes manager speaks to one couple and says kitchen closed no food and walks off no apology. Now brittania hotels I paid for breakfast so you were actually in breach of contract. At this point the hotel should have taken far more action contacting another hotel or even offering customers a takeaway brought in but nothing no customer service at all. I spoke to reception chap who had to take a lot of flack from others me speak to him with respect I requested refund of breakfast and compensation he gave me 10% being £50 I took to make certain I got. But overall I think a refund of at least 50% would be more valid . Our next day’s breakfast was absolutely awful the bacon tasted as if it had been cooked on a dirty grill covered in old fat. This hotel really does need to get it’s act together it’s in good spot has potential but currently it’s falling apart rotten timbers everywhere. Currently this place is worth no more than £80 per night and that’s on generous side

Room tip: Don’t go till the group renovate the place fully
Date of stay: June 2021
2  Thank steveloud
Reviewed 18 July 2021 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights. Room was adequate and we had a sea view. Unfortunately the room lacked items that we normally have when staying in a hotel. There was no iron,ironing board or hand soap....this in a pandemic when we are having to wash our hands more....didn't think to take my own as always been provided in the past.
The restaurant was very poorly run with no coordination between staff. The carpet was dirty and the indoor window ledges were covered in dead flies and cobwebs. The service was horrendous with the staff having a no care attitude everything seemed to be to much trouble. This wasn't down to covid...as i was told was the reason for the long wait to recieve our food.....this was due to poorly trained staff who couldn't even lay a table properly......use a tray for gods sake it saves you going backwards and forwards for one single item at a time!! . Such a shame about the gardens as they were once beautiful, but now looking very forgotten. Please don't respond by saying this is due to covid ...again this is laziness as this area being outside....yes i know it's a garden and therefore is outside....it's the best and safest area to enjoy and upkeep would not be that difficult if they pulled their finger out. For a hotel to blame everything on the virus when it is the very poor quality of sfaff not providing a simple service.......come on don't hide behind covid for your shortcomings, tackle the problems you have....on the whole the worse experience i and my husband have had

Reviewed 18 July 2021 via mobile

Do not stay here, value for money is terrible, it’s a good location but no parking, the room was tiny and so warm, the windows don’t open and all we had was a rattely fan, the furniture was falling apart, tried to get breakfast one day and stood there for 20 minutes before being surved to then be told they wasn’t serving anymore the staff don’t know what they’re doing, you’d get a better stay at the premier inn across the road!

Reviewed 18 July 2021

Royal only by name. We booked two rooms through the Groupon site for two nights. The package ment to include breakfast and dinner with spa and bottle of wine.
The whole experience was appaling. On arrival we received no information on the hotel or spa. The room was dirty, very loud and had funny smell of wet dirty cloth. The room was really hot, no air con but a fully on radiator in the bathroom. At one point we didn't have any water in a bathroom so we couldn't shower or even use the toilet also the spa wasn't in use because of that, the whole experience was ruined.
Breakfast was inedible with absolute bottom shelf products. We had to been wait for only cup of coffee or even water about 30 minutes. But in all fairness and stark contrast to breakfast, the dinner was delicious (compliments to the chef) and the only highlight of the stay.
I stayed few times in Bournemouth in different hotels but unfortunately this is one of the worst.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2021

The only good thing about this hotel is it’s location. Inside it is delapidated and outdated. The staff are slow, rude and unhelpful we had nothing but trouble since we checked in. (No running water for a start !) There are so many beautiful hotels to stay in in Bournemouth please don’t waste a single penny on this dump!

Trip type: Travelled with friends