The Mayfair Hotel
Ramada Encore Bournemouth(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$98
Hotels.com
The Suncliff Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$109
  • Beachfront
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$224
US$199
US$230
  • Beachfront
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$129
Hotels.com
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$180
Royal Exeter Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$104
Priceline
US$120
US$102
  • Pool
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$135
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsdance breakcoach tripbus stopsunday lunchdance floorbus servicebusy roadplenty of hot waterwaiting staffbit datedthird floorlounge areaan overnight stayfull english breakfasttown centreenjoyable stayone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel was in a good location with plenty of parking.
The rooms were ok.
However, the floor was INCREDIBLY noisy, every step in the room upstairs seemed like a herd of elephants. I don’t think it was just them, just walking along you feel it.
Reception were great and offered to do what they can about moving rooms but it was really loud so be prepared.
There was also a fair noise (bass) from the ballroom, a party.
Overall, good location, rooms ok, staff nice. Just don’t expect a quiet night.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sadsy
Pat G, Group Operations Manager at The Mayfair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Sadsy, thank you for your review and your comments are noted and will be addressed. I am pleased you found our location, food and staff all good. we hope you will return some time in the future

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff let this place down. Front of house looked like she didn't want to be there and I didn't see her smile once. The bar manager didn't appear to know what was on the drinks menu so when ordering a bottle of the NZ Sav Blanc we were presented with a Chilean. When I advised that we wanted a NZ, he told me they don't have that on their menu and asked me to show him which I did and he then went off for 15 minutes to find it. He then told me that he had worked 4 minutes over his shift because of me! Perhaps if you knew your drinks list he wouldn't have wasted his precious time! On the first night we were told dinner was between 6.30 and 8... This is quite a tight time frame and when I questioned why the kitchen shut so early the front desk girl just said that's how it was. On night 1 the fire alarm went off at about 10.30 and stayed ringing for approx. 40 mins. The fire evacuation procedure (or lack of) was completely shocking! Noone told us to leave the building and due to this a few of us stayed inside as it was raining outside. Once the fire brigade came and turned the alarm off out of nowhere a member of staff was on the scene and started taking the register! I advised him it was a bit late now and he chose to ignore my comments.
Car park is pretty small and staff seem to park in areas they aren't supposed to and on 3 occasions blocked us in! Only thing that I would say is that the food on night one was really good and the bed was really comfortable. The staff need to sort their customer service skills out and the H&S procedures that weren't followed on Friday would be enough to have to have it formally investigated!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenna-rose32
Pat G, Group Operations Manager at The Mayfair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Jenna Rose,
I am of course really disappointed to read your review and will look into the issues you experienced. I want to reassure you that this is not our usual standard, our staff are always complimented on their excellent service and are very well trained so I am not sure what went wrong during your stay. I will discuss at length with the Manageress and ensure this is a one off incident. We will use your review for training purposes.
Kind regards

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Recently spent a weekend at this hotel which surpassed our expectations. We were very pleased with our room, the staff are friendly and helpful, the food is excellent and the whole experience was a delight. The lounge area is pleasant and spacious, we had entertainment which was excellent and room to dance if you wished. All in all an excellent hotel, one We would have no hesitation in returning to.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margaret M
Pat G, Group Operations Manager at The Mayfair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Margaret,
I am so pleased we surpassed your expectations during your weekend break with us and thank you for posting your lovely review. We hope that you will visit us again sometime
Kind regards
Patricia

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Hubby and I stayed here last weekend from Friday afternoon until Sunday morning for a group function on the Saturday evening. The meal on Friday was very good with nice choices and all served very efficiently. The bar is definitely in need of at least one extra member of staff. The staff were extremely busy but still managed to get people served as quickly as they could. If there had been at least one more person helping out it would have been a little less fraught. On the whole the hotel is spread over quite a large area. There is a lift but there are still many stairs to climb even from the lift so if you have mobility issues you may wish to ask for a first floor room. The lounge area and the function room/dining room are all in pretty good condition. Our function room on Saturday evening looked very pretty and the staff again worked so hard and always with a smile - well done all. Car park is quite small - not sure where you go if it is full when you arrive. The hotel is a short walk into the main town of Bournemouth - going is fine but coming back it is all uphill! There are buses which run to and from the town which go past the hotel. The only one thing I would say was that the hotel and the bedrooms themselves all seemed to be extremely warm. We had our window open all the time but we were on the 3rd floor - if you were in one of the rooms above the flat roof this would not have been secure. The radiators didn't even seem to be turned on all the time so I am not sure why everywhere was so hot.

Room Tip: House wine absolutely fine. Breakfast cooked breakfast ordered - good idea as less waste.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear MrsMouse,
thank you for taking the time to post a review of Mayfair Hotels and I am pleased that you had an enjoyable visit. I have taken note of your comments and will address them with the team. Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the staff and we hope that you will visit again in the future.
regards
Patricia

Reviewed 6 March 2018

This hotel was a real gem, the room we stayed in was comfortable and although we had a problem with the hairdryer the staff were very responsive in dealing with it. The food was excellent hot and tasty, service very efficient with lovely staff. Good location too, would recommend. We had a weekend with a group and the evening function on the Saturday was excellent too.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Pat G, Group Operations Manager at The Mayfair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear gavsal1
thank you for posting your lovely review and I am pleased you had such a great time with us. The staff do all work very hard to ensure our guests are comfortable and well looked after and I am pleased you found them very responsive and efficient. We hope to welcome you and your group back to the Mayfair in the future