“Awful service and rude staff”

Miller & Carter Steakhouse Bournemouth
Ranked #87 of 824 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Came here on a Saturday night and although we hadn’t booked a table after our show at the Pavillion we’d arrived early and weren’t planning on being all night at the restaurant.
The lady was rude at the desk, told us they were fully booked until 9:30pm. Lots of tables were empty and the terrace was empty with nobody sat there. All we wanted was a table for 2 people and you turned down income as we would of had a 3 course meal and wine.
Awful service and rude staff. Will not be coming back!

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Steakhouse Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. i'm sorry we were unable to get you a table we very highly recommend booking on a Saturday night as its very difficult to to take any tables other then the booking we have and our terrace / bar area is for our guests to enjoy a drink we dont serve food in that area.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Easy location
Straight to table and great welcome
Selection was good
Mini yorkies to start we’re nice
Fillet steak medium was perfect!
Onion loaf on side was fab
Iceberg side left and didn’t grab me .
Overall very good , only neg service was very very slow

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

recently visited this restaurant and found staff to be excellent and the food stunning loved it will return

Hi Bernard C, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!

have a great day,

Miller & carter Bournemouth

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I've eaten here before and always been impressed so returned for a 'date night' with my wife. We'd originally booked for 8.30pm but I did call them on the day around 12pm to see if we could bring forward to 8pm. After no-one answered, a Voicemail told me to leave my name and number and someone would get back to me, which I did and asked on the Voicemail to bring my reservation to 8pm. No-one returned my call so I assumed it was all done. (You can probably guess what happened next!!) Arrived at 8pm and despite some free tables were told by the Maitre d' Paul that they were full and he could not do anything. I have to say Paul was very unhelpful, apathetic, didn't care about the voicemail and was willing for us to go elsewhere rather than providing abit of customer service and at least showing he cared. He was also abit scruffy TBH. Not impressed. He did however manage to seat us at 8.15 so no major damage done but it was his attitude which nearly made us leave. We did sit down and things went uphill from there. Our waitress Rianna couldn't have been nicer, the food was great. I had the fillet steak cooked medium rare which was perfect (not too under) and peppercorn sauce which tasted great. Token iceberg wedge, fries and onion rosti - all good. White wine wasn't great but it was the cheapest on the menu so was not expecting much. I wish I could have scored this restaurant higher, as the place itself is very nice and the waitress service was great. I think the Maitre D' could do with some training though, or he's in the wrong job.

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Steakhouse Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit.

I will make sure i speak to the team on duty that day to address the issues raised.

Regards,

Miller and Carter

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely evening ..staff could not do enough for you...the steak melted in your mouth...good wine too...all in all a excellent night..we will return

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did.