“A wonderful little cafe in a glorious woodland setting”
Review of Castle Cafe

Castle Cafe
Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Totnes
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Daytime cafe set in the woods alongside Berry Pomeroy Castle. The cafe serves fresh sandwiches, soups - a variety of delicious breakfasts and lunches - cakes and homemade cream teas, coffees and teas. Locally sourced products. We also cater for birthday parties, anniversaries, weddings and so much more..
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friend had the smaller cooked breakfast and I had a bacon roll, both of which were delicious. The bacon was cooked until it was crispy - lovely. The coffees were great too.
I would thoroughly recommend this friendly cafe. A little gem!

Eleanor King

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

popped in just for a light snack and was pleasantly surprised at the healthy choices on the menu, I had salmon in a pancake with sour cream and chive, with salad and a side of chips, it was delicious, I would have liked to have tried the, coconut and butternut squash soup, but couldn’t manage both.
Fresh salad and I believe all the food is hand cooked on the premises, as their was a lady chef and kitchen.
Pretty interior, ditsy, vintage style, very peaceful and pleasant, lovely choice of drinks, cakes etc too.
I would definitely return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Slow service but a pot tea eventually arrived.
Pretty nondescript overall, and not cheap so it was really a case of any port in a storm

1  Thank Albywon
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely café with excellent coffee. If I had to pick a fault, it would be that our coffee took a while to arrive given there were few customers at the time - however I’d prefer a great coffee a little slow over a poor coffee quickly!

We visited with our daughter and had a chocolate orange brownie with our coffees. Cake was excellent too.

The ladies running the café were cheery and happy to serve us.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Small cafe in ground of old Castle, good selection of food and drinks at reasonable prices.
Warm and comfortable on a overcast day, but has outdoor seating on a covered area for sunny days and/or parties with dogs.