“Spa day - ok for the price ”
Review of Aztec Spa

Aztec Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Immerse yourself in a gorgeous world of luxury treatments and products by spa specialists ELEMIS.To see how truly lovely our facilities are, have a look at our photos, featuring the Aztec swimming pool, our therapy rooms and relaxation areas.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We went to Aztec Spa for the Indulge spa package as a birthday present for my other half. The price of the package is reasonable, however, there are other hotels/spas that are a bit more expensive nearby and I would probably pay the difference for the exclusive feeling you can get at these places.
We did enjoy our trip to Aztec Spa - the relaxation area was nice and the massages were lovely. However, we found that the pool facilities/jacuzzi were rammed with children (it took 3 attempts of going back and forth between the sauna and the jacuzzi before we could finally use it as there were huge families in there). I feel like there should perhaps be a heads up on the website that all of the pool/sauna/steam room facilities are family facilities, as this did impact on how much we could relax in this area.

The biggest issue with this package was our experience in the Aztec Bistro. We had pre ordered afternoon tea through our package with a clear time of when we would be having it, however, when we got to the Bistro I had to queue for 10 mins to say we were there, to then be advised there would be a 30 min wait. Then when the food part came, we didn't get any tea/coffee so had to go and queue and ask for this. The food was ok, nothing special.

We would probably come and use the actual spa relaxation area again and have treatments here (we did both comment that our massages were very nice, as were the therapists). Receptionists were also lovely despite how busy it was. But if I wanted to go for a spa day, I would probably go elsewhere.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"ashleigh"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I came here with such high expectations yet I was completely disappointed. Me and my friend came along for the dip and dine deal, the receptionists were all so unfriendly and rude (for such a beautiful place you’d think they’d be more professional). Got to the changing rooms and it smelt like wee... the pool was quite cold however it was big and the jacuzzi/sauna/steam room was lovely. When we got changed we went to reception to collected our food vouchers and then we went up to the restaurant to find out that they had stopped serving food. We then had to go all the way back down to reception and complained about this and all the woman said was “Oh who served you? They should of told you we stopped serving food at half 3. you can either get a £2 refund or use the food voucher again within a week” however she was the one who handed the vouchers to us in the first place and she was not apologetic or sympathetic at all. Didn’t even want to listen to what we had to say and just wanted to get rid of us. Such a shame.

1  Thank Hinton96
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I booked Aztec Spa for my best friends birthday present, we had the indulgence spa day which was amazing. We were welcomed in and shown the changing rooms, we relaxed with tea in a lovely area on loungers, went in the pool and Jacuzzi and waited back in the relaxation area for our massages.

My massage was amazing, I had Ashleigh and she was welcoming, friendly and very good at her job. She made me feel instantly at ease and I am happy to say it was one of the best massages I've ever had. My friend came out of her massage shortly after me and said it was amazing also, I believe she had Nataylia. Who she said was also great.

The afternoon tea was okay, it wasn't amazing but for the price I paid for us both I was happy with the selection and the Bistro staff were also lovely.

We have agreed to go back when we visit Torquay next year.

Thank you for a lovely experience.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Blissful back massage and elemis facial . The only down side was noisy children in the quiet rest area waiting for parent / guardian before treatment , thankfully they had gone by the time I had my treatment . Please consider this people pay good money for peace and relaxation

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I was looking for a nice local gym and was hoping for some help with the equipments. As I’m interested in weights and gaining weight but I never worked with them before, arriving to the reception I asked the guy if someone could show me how to use a few machines correctly as it’s my first visit. He said yes but he’ll have someone to help in the next hour so he’ll send the girls and they will be happy to help me. I was happy with that so I payed the £6, went in and started some cardio cycling while I was waiting. After 20 minutes I went to the reception and asked for help again, this time a girl offered her help but she said she knows only the cardio machines but she can send someome in a minute, but why not run first an other 20 minutes? She was kind and helpul so hoping for some lifting at the end of the day, I was running for 20 minutes and still waiting for the help. No one came, I went out again and asked again, an other lady was talking to me this time and asking me if I’m a member or a guest in the hotel? I said no but I paid for it. She sounded completely judgy. Then they said the instructor guy is busy on the computer now so they’ll send me if he’ll have a minute, just go back in and do more cardio. I was very upset by that time, I went back sat down waiting for 10 minutes, then when I decided I’m not wasting my time anymore, all the three staff member was talking at the reception.

I’m very very disappointed because being new in a gym is never easy and I would expect a bit more respect and understanding. Wasting of time and money!!!

1  Thank VV94
SAVASH Z, Manager at Aztec Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Good Afternoon,

Sorry to hear about your disappointing visit with us on the 23rd January, 2018. A high level of Customer Service is paramount here at the Aztec and we will always strive to ensure our customers are happy with our service.

As a new member of the Aztec we will always organise and book in a Gym Induction and Programme on the day you sign up. This is free of charge with your membership. You will then have regular Fitness reassessments every 12 weeks to ensure your fitness levels stay on track.

As a day guest we don't offer this service. We will always have a member of staff on duty who will happily help you set up on the Gym Equipment.

We also offer Personal Training here at the Aztec. Again, this must be booked in prior to your visit but the Trainer will be with you for the whole duration of your time in the Gym. They will talk to you about your needs and goals and plan out an individual programme to suit you.

If you are interested in becoming a member here at The Aztec we have some fantastic offers throughout January.

Savash Zulhayir