See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2016

My mother and I were visiting our grandchildren/greatgrandchildren in Newton Abbot but all the Hotels there were booked as it was 'Race Weekend'.
I was staying at my sons house in Newton Abbot but I had to book my mother into a Guesthouse and the closet place was Torquay (only about 5 miles away).
We were greeted on arrival at 'Kingsway' by an extremely friendly host (Meryl) who showed mother to her room (a single) and talked her through all the breakfast details.
My mother has helped run a Guesthouse herself and she remarked to me how clean the accomodation was and she was extremely satisfied with the way she was looked after during her visit.
The room was a single, had a TV, Kettle and assortment of teas and coffees available in the room.
Mother she she would be most happy to visit here again.
There are 3 Car Parking spaces for this 4 room GuestHouse
The Guesthouse itself is just a few hundred yards from Torre Railway Station.
Buses go into town (about 4 mins away) from the main road about 200 yards away,
Carry on down the road from the Guesthouse and it is about a mile to Torquay Sea Front.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

You couldn't wish for a friendlier welcome than at Kingsway Lodge.

Meryl, the proprietor, is a friendly bubbly host. She offers a wonderful array of food at breakfast time which sets you up for a day of exploring Torquay and the surrounding area.

The room was comfortable, bright and well equipped. Tea & coffee supplied, a colour TV and free wifi in the room.

I enjoyed my stay so much I've booked for later in the year.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2016

I was warmly welcomed by Meryl who gave excellent recommendations of places to go and things to do in the town. My room was warm and clean-nothing to be desired. Breakfast in the morning was excellent (my vegetarian dietary requirements were catered to) and it filled me up for a day of walking. I'd stay here again and recommend it to anyone-this is exactly what I look for in a B&B or Guesthouse. Meryl allowed me to leave my bags after checkout the next day while I explored the town a bit more before my train left which was very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed here whilst in Torquay over Christmas visiting family. I was very pleased with the choice I made. The bed in my room very comfortable and I enjoyed some of the best sleep I had had for some time.
I could stayed in bed all morning if Merryl's breakfasts were not so good, but they were worth getting up for. All quality food with tasty sausages good bacon the English breakfasts were top notch. Fresh fruits decent coffee plenty of toast. I missed those when I got home.
Wifi was good and parking free on the property and also in the road as well, so one less thing to worry about. I found the location to be great for my needs with everywhere only a few minutes drive or short walk away. Merryl's knowledge of local amenities was good and helpful. Even did a special breakfast on Christmas Day with smoked salmon and a bottle of bubbly even a cracker to pull. I would not hesitate to recommend Kingsway Lodge to anybody looking for a decent place to stay in Torquay and will be hopefully returning there a bit later in the year.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

I booked here on the strength of the excellent reviews and wasn't disappointed. Meryl is great, very helpful and welcoming and her easy going nature helped to make our holiday such a relaxed one. Breakfast was delicious with more than enough to keep us going until early afternoon and Meryl even bought in favourite cereals of the children, the fresh fruit platter was a lovely touch too. The family room was spotless and a good size and we all slept well. Meryl delivers everything she promises from her B&B at a very reasonable price.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family