“Good restaurant with pleasant ambience”
Review of Ephesus Torquay

Ephesus Torquay
Ranked #13 of 358 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Cuisines: Greek, Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: **WE ARE OPEN ON BANK HOLIDAYS **At Ephesus Restaurant, we promise you a meal to delight all of your culinary senses and bring you to the very heart of Turkish & Greek cuisine. Turkish & Greek cuisine is largely the heritage of Ottoman cuisine, which can be described as a fusion and refinement of Central Asian, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean and Balkan cuisines.Turkish & Greek cuisine has in turn influenced those and other neighbouring cuisines, including those of Western Europe. The Ottomans fused various culinary traditions of their realm with influences from Middle Eastern cuisines, along with traditional Turkic elements from Central Asia (such as yogurt), creating a vast array of specialities-many with strong regional associations. It is this same fusing of traditional influences with our own regional expertise in delicacy that enables us to create a one of a kind eating extravaganza.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went as 2 couples on Easter Saturday. The restaurant was full and humming. The ladies had the cold meze starter but for one person which was enough for 2. We also had the sqid and aubergine starters which were excellent. For main courses 2 of us had a sort of mixed grill which was big and excellent. I had the Ephesus Chicken with rice. Also v tasty. The bill was about £108 plus tip for 4 including a bottle of rose. All in all a very enjoyable meal

1  Thank CharlesG0SKA

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our friend booked The Ephesus for his birthday meal. There were 8 in our party. When the staff found out it was his birthday they wrote a lovely birthday message on the board at the back of the restaurant, which he was chuffed about! We shared a selection of hot and cold meze starter platters between all of us and they were superb. Plenty to go around. I probably ate too much of them. For the mains we ordered a variety of Greek or Turkish dishes. I went for the moussaka, which came with rice but no salad. I should have noticed that on the menu. I was jealous of my friend next to me as her main came with both rice and salad. I was slightly disappointed with my moussaka, mainly because I mixed the rice in with it. I should have left the rice, because I think the moussaka would have been nicer by itself. Everybody was raving about their dishes, most of which looked great. Even though I didn't think the souflaki looked as good as some I had in Santorini last year but I was told it was very good. We washed our food down with good quality wine and we all had digestifs after the meal, which were lovely. The price was very reasonable for what we had even though the waitress didn't seem to know how to process a mixture of cash and credit card payments and how to split out the tip. I hope tips aren't rare here as the service was very good and to top everything off at the end, they brought out a birthday slice of cheesecake for our friend with a birthday candle on top. It was another lovely touch, which he loved.

1  Thank Mags_Acraman
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After visiting this restaurant a few years ago my husband and I decided to book on our recent visit to Torquay.

The food was all delicious and the staff were helpful. Other people were getting turned away as the restaurant was full so I would recommend booking.

2  Thank Princess_Nemi
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Have been here a few times over the past couple of years and have always had an awesome meal. Great food, great ambience and very friendly staff. Planning on going many more times.

2  Thank James P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

All the food was lovely , and timely , service was happy and helpful , the place was busy with a nice atmosphere,would definitely go again.

1  Thank richard m