All reviewsgriffin barsea viewmassive bedhotel barwould stay againfriendly hoteltown centrefeel very welcomebars and restaurantsstayed for two nightstea and coffeebreakfast was amazinggreat weekendnight breakvisit torquaycooked breakfastsea front
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Very pleasant.....have stayed here on more than one occasion...steve is very friendly and makes you feel at home...woyld definitely recommend stay g here...rooms are lovely and big...plenty of space and is also dog friendly...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Spent three nights at Yardley Manor. Friendly welcome. Allocated room 14. Room very small but did have all necessary facilities just a bit cramped. Unlike a previous review of this room we found the bed very comfortable and the room definitely clean. Breakfast was adequate with pleasant and friendly staff served in the Griffin Bar. Never used the bar in the evening so can't comment on the entertainment. The swimming pool was very small and together with the outside seating area wasn't always open. As well as the size of our room this was the other disappointment as it would have been nice to relax outside after a busy day sightseeing and was part of the reason for booking Yardley Manor. I can see the proprietors are working hard on improving this hotel, outside, it is obviously a work in progress and on completion will be super but in the meantime it just needs tidying up a bit. The positives that must be mentioned, free guaranteed parking is definitely a plus as this hotel is situated so close to the harbour and town centre, ironing facilities in the room, free wifi in the room and a hospitality tray, very welcome after a long journey. I believe there are bigger rooms at this hotel so not all "cosy" which would have given a different perspective on our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jean C
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here Sept 2017, 5 min walk to the harbour,considering the hotel's location it is very reasonably priced. We had 3 rooms which were all very clean and comfatable,breakfast was perfect too. We'll be back next year, wished we'd have found the Yardley Manor on our previous visits to Torquay..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Steve T, Front Office Manager at Yardley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

We are glad you enjoyed your stay, look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I went with my 2 children, and my friend and her 2 kids, and this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! I was informed by the manager, that on CCTV, children were running from room to room! I apologised, as it was our first night and they were overexcited, and running in and out of my friends room, and we told them off several times. We felt like criminals! We would leave the hotel around 10am and arrive back around 7pm. We were made to feel so uncomfortable. Then, I informed a lady at breakfast, how we felt, who informed the wife, who stood in front of other customers saying we cannot look after our children. We both tried extremely hard to keep the kids quiet, and controlled, but we were snubbed, and treated awful! My friend asked to buy some earrings in their display cabinet, and the manager told her, he could not sell her it now, it would have to be later! Unprofessional and argumentative, not child friendly at all. Devon is such a beautiful place, but this hotel spoils it! Staff were so miserable, and hostile, only at breakfast the staff were polite there. I tried to speak to the manager about the situation, he started raising his voice, and stormed off! Shocking behaviour! I would NEVER EVER step foot in that place again! PB

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Patricia B
Steve T, Manager at Yardley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

I went with my 2 "children" and my friend and her 2 "kids" (your children- her Kids!! sums up your propaganda "I have Children, they have Kids" review in a nutshell, You just cannot except and are in total denial).
The Hotel staff were alerted to many complaints from other guests that feral kids were running amok throughout the hotel, staff had a look on cctv replay and from that footage and a polite letter was placed in both rooms that your party of adults and children were staying. The letter mentioned about the complaints and it also mentioned while giving benefit of doubt that it was most probable first night excitement but requested could the children be supervised more during the evenings as most complaints were from noise of running up and down the corridors between 9-30pm and 11pm. Well the fact is you didn't like it, you thought that you were being picked on nearly played the race card, but more so you took it that the hotel had it in for you and blamed the hotel for everything from that point on, even when the lady owner suggested that the children should be controlled in front of you you were in complete denial that your children were doing wrong. the hotels other guests witnessed many many times that the children were not being supervised and staff many times had to stop the children throwing stones at cars, kicking gravel at other guests, guests at breakfast being hounded by the children, the tapping and frightening the fish in the fish tank, and so on.... you then rebuked one child for talking to staff about their day out at splashdown shouting at the child and pulling the door keycard out of the Childs hand saying don't talk to them! You only have yourself to blame, the hotel had to act on the disobedience with a form of social discipline and whereas the children were starting to be positive but you took that away when you saw progress, Shame on you.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

great hotel lovely people they play great music as a band the breakfast is a lot to eat the owners son has a bar in town and you get 10 present discount the bar is right on the sea front from the hotel to the sea front is only a ten minuet walk

Room Tip: ask for one of the big rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family