All reviews lebanese cuisine cooked breakfast games room swimming pool warm welcome two nights set us up for the day our night stay tea and coffee ten minute walk ensuite bathroom short stay stayed longer bed and breakfast torquay harbour feel very welcome lovely break
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Rich woods houses was pleasant and well maintained thought, a clear understanding to house keeping. The Room I stayed in was well maintained where you can see a real,personality of the building which they have stated. On the website and on one to one call With the owners, have stated they have animals two dog. Which are well maintained and healthy. The dogs are not allowed in guest bedrooms, but you may see them around the staff areas and the walkways downstairs or out in the pool areas. The pool areas seen at first glance, piece of heaven why you can stay and enjoy the pool. Which I have the pleasure of having cuddle with the small dog baser, lovely t
Little mare. The stay in the rooms we amazing in where the rooms are comfortable and clean and well maintained to finished. Bathroom tile to a high standard. Which in my job I hard sleep because of the long hours journey around Devon which I sleep like a baby. I have recommended this to all my friend and work colleagues to come and enjoy the high standard of food and facility on offer. Looking forward to booking again and spending time relaxing in the pool in a hot summer day again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joshua M
Veronica P, Owner at The Richwood, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Thank you Joshua for this review. We also enjoyed your stay here and look forward to hopefully seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I wish I could leave no stars alas I cannot. The rooms are drab and bland and the breakfast is very avarege. However the hosts are the main reason I am leaving one star, they r spiteful and ungrateful. When I had a complaint about my room I got the vibe that they just didn’t care and when I left early they seemed surprised and distraught an when I walked out the door I heated the words” good riddance”. Therefore I was extremely disappointed with my stay at the Richwood hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank Isaac C
Veronica P, Owner at The Richwood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

This man was never at the Richwood, this "review" was written as a result of "Four In a Bed" being re-aired - on the 3rd of August. REMOVE! Trip Advisor, you should be ashamed: you allow reviews without asking for any proof whatsoever.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I have held back from giving a review of this place in the hope Activity Superstore (yes I would have reviewed this place anyway) would come to take my complaint seriously but alas they seem to have called me a liar. This should be my
shortest review ever, Don’t Book This Place!We came here with a Activity Superstore
Every year
Being the worst place to stay
Dogs mess the owners left while filling up the pool (as admitted by owners in email)
Dogs hairs in bedroom
Not a single fan anywhere in this place
The owners will tell you different but they wanted to charge us £7 per hour or part of hour if we arrived after 6pm. So if you have a problem after 6pm and you knock on their door You Will Be Charged £7,I have an email to confirm this.Activity Superstore treated us very poorly almost calling us liars!
in Torquay We left after one night and booked into the Travel Lodge a few doors along, a real B.B./ Hotel which Activity Superstore have refused to reimburse me. I have not mentioned the breakfast because it’s not worth it, poached eggs swimming in vinegar! I believe that the owners want to sell this place and retire which may go some way to explain the condition of the place,anyone who buys this place will have to knock it down and start again.So be aware when booking with Activity Superstore because if you complain they will not believe you.
These comments are in my honest opinion and to try and help others to have a good experience unlike my one

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
11  Thank taxipete2014
Veronica P, Owner at The Richwood, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

When I see what this “gentleman” has written I find it hard to control my anger. I am prepared to make a comment to some aspects of this inaccurate, ridiculous and libellous review, but am not prepared to invest a lot of time in doing so. They obviously did not like us, the Richwood. Anything not commented on I regard as just unpleasant dirt throwing.
Any reasonable person endowed with a healthy common sense, will certainly be able to see the difference to other, mostly 5* reviews - and draw their own conclusions.
“Activity Superstore treated us very poorly almost calling us liars!” Well, maybe because they are!
“We came here with a Activity Superstore Voucher,outside there is a sign proudly stating “award winners “for what? -what year?” We were winner of the English Riviera and South Devon Bronze Award for Excellence in Service 2013. We also hold TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013 and 2017 and 2018. All these awards are clearly visible in our reception.
“Dogs hairs in bedroom.” Absolutely untrue, pets are NOT permitted in ANY the rooms or landings on the first floor!
“Not a single fan anywhere in this place.” Considering our British weather, we have never had any demand until this unexpected long period of hot weather. Maybe this “gentleman” should have booked in a 5* establishment – where of course, even a deal will cost more.
“The owners will tell you different but they wanted to charge us £7 per hour or part of hour if we arrived after 6pm. So if you have a problem after 6pm and you knock on their door You Will Be Charged £7,I have an email to confirm this.” I ask the reader: If you are late for a flight, a train, the theatre will you be able to obtain a refund for the lost booking? We inform our prospective guests in our confirmation that IF THEY DO NOT INFORM US OF LATE ARRIVAL we could charge them the equivalent of an hours NMW per hour, as this is what we must pay our staff if they must work later than 6pm in reception.
“You may have noticed I have not called this “place “ a B.B. or Guest House as this would be an insult to the real BBs and Guesthouses in Torquay” This is a pure insult- with the single aim of hurting our business.
“I have not mentioned the breakfast because it’s not worth it, poached eggs swimming in vinegar!” Read our breakfast reviews!
“I believe that the owners want to sell this place and retire which may go some way to explain the condition of the place,anyone who buys this place will have to knock it down and start again.” Again, pure insult, one designed to damage our reputation and our business.
Finally, despite everything, we are sorry that this sad man with his sad partner were unhappy with their stay.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

My friend and I stayed for 2 nights on the 29th June, chosen from a gift voucher! We arrived to a lovely welcome from Saida, we felt instantly at home and relaxed! We enjoyed time around the pool and an amazing nights sleep, very comfortable beds!!! We would stay again for sure, we couldn't fault the place. thank you for having us :-)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank katebwilson80
Veronica P, Owner at The Richwood, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

It was a pleasure having you at the Richwood!

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Without doubt one of the favorite hotels I stayed during my time. Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by the staff Veronica and Saida the staff was extremely friendly, great location, It was clean and comfortable. The facilities are good and we really enjoyed the stay. Would certainly come back

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Russell M
Veronica P, Owner at The Richwood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you Rissel, we enjoyed your stay too! Hope to see you again!