the owners,Phil and Vicki and their manager Jody were very friendly and helpful.We had room 3 on the ground floor which had nice decor and was very spacious with a large en-suite-two minor points: the his and hers sinks are a nice touch but a little on the small side-theres plenty of space to have fitted larger sinks;and my partner would have liked a full length mirror.
back to the good points,the breakfast is superb;freshly prepared for each person,a nice selction of cooked options plus cereals,hams cheeses and crossoints-11 out of 10 chef-in our experience of both business and holiday stays best breakfast ever!!Nice outside seating areas if you want a drink from the bar.
If you want a nice friendly, quality, family run hotel in Torquay this is the place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meadfoot Bay is a 5* award-winning family run Bed & Breakfast situated in the stunning conservation area of Meadfoot, just a stroll from Meadfoot Beach and a short walk from Torquay harbour. There is a large selection of different room types available including our Classic Rooms, Premier Rooms, Deluxe Rooms and our 3 gorgeous Suites. We have just won the AA Breakfast Award for our breakfast which is prepared using all local produce and everything cooked to order to guarantee freshness. After 9 years constant refurbishment and hard work The Meadfoot Bay has been awarded the Highly Commended Award by The AA. As a result we have proudly achieved a place in the top 10% of our 5 star guest accommodation rating. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you to The Meadfoot Bay in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Meadfoot Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay