All reviewsdeluxe roomcoach partythe ground floorpleasant hotelbuffet styleevening entertainmentsunday lunchbabbacombe downslong weekendexcellent value for moneyan enjoyable staygreat weekendthree nightsweekend breakplenty of choiceoutdoor poolcouldn't fault
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Having received a voucher for a massage as a present. I called to book to be told that there were no appointments available until after my voucher expiry date. I asked if this could be extended as it was not my fault that there were no available appointments. I was told this was not possible. The person I spoke with was extremely rude and unhelpful.
I can't comment on the accommodation, as I wasn't a guest, nor will I ever be if this is the attitude of the staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank BCT1963
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Was forced by snow to book an overnight stay and this was where my search suggested. What an excellent place it chose. The staff were welcoming and friendly. The room was amazing with great facilities. The dinner and breakfast were delicious. I would recommend this to anyone and it’s an ideal location for visitors to the area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2018

First of all, don’t take any notice of the negative reviews. This hotel is excellent value for money and provides everything you need for a comfortable stay.

The staff are lovely, very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is plentiful, hot and has a good selection. The buffet evening meal is adequate for the price paid.

The evening entertainment was fantastic. On the three nights I stayed there were different guitarists/singers, these were coupled with a happy hour bar, perfect!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Please accept my gratitude for 1. A great stay at your hotel and 2. for sorting out the return of my camera lead which i left in my room when I checked out. I travel a lot for work and have to say I have had a great experience with your hotel and staff, faultless from start to finish. On 19/02/2018 I stayed over at the hotel, the room was spotless, lovely and warm and I had a great sleep which is rare, the breakfast was great too, all your staff should be commended for their great hospitality and all that for £22! Brilliant!! I stayed at the Old Mill Hotel in Bath the following night, had a dreadful sleep, awful room and awful service, they charge £65.00 for a tiny dirty room, you put them to shame. Well done and thank you again! I will stay again next time I am in the area. Kind regards Rick

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Was looking forward to a weekend in Torbay but ended up frustrated and underwhelmed.
Firstly the car park: only enough room for about 10 cars- had to park on the road overnight- unsatisfactory.
Entered reception, could see receptionist at computer in office, coughed, spoke to my wife, coughed again but no response from receptionist until I shouted “Hello anyone home” which shook her from her computer haze.
We booked half board but were given no explanation as to how this would work if we wanted to upgrade to the A La Carte menu which we would have preferred.
The room was like it had been stuck in a time warp from the 1970’s and although functional was very very dated. The curtains did not fit the window, coffee stains on the window ledge and all around the bedside cabinet, mattress was hard and uncomfortable and you could hear every single word that the next door neighbours were saying.There are A4 signs everywhere stating that the hotel is being refurbished- it needs it!!
The evening meal was a disaster: we weren’t greeted at the door to the restaurant so chose our own seat. The waitress eventually arrived at our table and told us that we had booked the buffet option and therefore couldn’t have The A La Carte even if we wanted to!
Starter was pate which was acceptable but then the main meal buffet option was either: “gammon” which was thinner than the bacon I had at breakfast time or a very small fry piece of fish together with croquet potatoes and veg- not impressed. We chose the “bacon” option.
Just as I finished my main meal the waitress arrived with our drinks- good timing!!! She was having trouble with her “tablet” ordering system- more training required!
The dessert was jam roll poly- acceptable.
We went out for the evening and on return the night was uneventful apart from not being able to close the window properly and having to listen to a constant “ drip, drip, drip” from somewhere outside.
Breakfast was acceptable.
Verdict- expect very little and you will still probably be disappointed! We didn’t complain because they might have offered us a another free stay!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple