All reviews lovely dog friendly home stayed in the family room house is beautiful guest house top floor felt like home quiet location breakfast was excellent full english shower room a lovely stay town centre hole in the wall short walk down hill bed and breakfast
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I am in Torquay from Sweden with by family of wife and three kids. We have stayed here for 3 nights. Here’s some things I feel I must mention:
- This is the best I’ve slept in weeks
- This is the best my son has slept in weeks (he usually climbs in to our bed, but he slept through)
- I wanted my family to experience a traditional English B&B. My parents had a B&B when I was a kid and it really reminded me of that. In other words it felt like home.
- The family room, 1 double, 1 single and 1 bunk bed, felt airy and very clean.
- The breakfast was exactly what we had hoped for with plenty of choices.
- The owners are very friendly and helpful and make you feel at home.
- It’s a short walk to the beaches, harbour and town centre. Despite this it was pretty quiet.
- It’s on a steep hill which might be hard for some to walk up, but I think that hills are a given in Torquay
- There is parking on the road
- They have a dog. My son has a phobia of dogs but we made it work anyway.

If we come back to Torquay then we will book this B&B. It was such a nice stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Dawnsmale, Owner at Ashleigh House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for this very helpful review David. I am especially pleased that we were able to offer exactly what you expected from an English B&B. Our dog 'Oscar' has managed to make friends with lots of children ( and adults ) who were wary of dogs. He is very calm and welcoming.
We hope to see you when you return to England.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We stayed 2 nights and had a excellent stay . The owners were very helpful about the area and what was here. Our room was on the 2nd floor with a shower room In the room you have a folder with lots of good information about the house and the area . The bed was very comfortable , the room very quiet,only knew other people staying when saw them at breakfast time ! The cooked breakfast here is the best iv had in years , all freshly cooked and a good choice of what to have . We used the free wifi too . The whole house is spotlessly clean . A good sitting room with armchairs is there too. Oscar the dog is very friendly and lovely. Cant recommend here highly enough. It's a short walk into town and down hill so bit longer on the way back.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. We try to offer the kind of service that we would like to receive ourselves and it's good to hear that we have succeeded. I hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We visited Ashleigh house for a weekend in June, our stay was fantastic from start to finish, when we arrived dawn had kindly saved us a parking space right outside the hotel and gave us parking permits valid for the whole of our stay. Dawn was great so friendly and nothing was too much trouble, the house is beautiful lovely and clean, the room was spacious clean and a lovely comfy bed, breakfast was great plenty of choice, will definitely be staying again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for this wonderful review Rachel. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed you visit to Ashleigh House and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We chose this bed and breakfast as needed a night away with our dogs, whilst workmen fitted new floors in our house.
This was our second visit and we received a warm welcome from Dawn and Oscar the dog.
The room was clean and comfortable.
The breakfast was excellent value for money with a fantastic choice of cereal and fresh fruit before a full cooked english breakfast.

Thank you Dawn!
We will be back next year.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dawnsmale, Owner at Ashleigh House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

It's always lovely to have guests return. We know that we are getting it right.
A warm welcome, a comfortable bed and a good breakfast.
That's what we try to deliver.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We stayed in the family room, which was excellent and very comfortable. The hospitality was excellent and breakfast was delicious. We would recommend and will visit again. It is only a short walk into the harbour.

Thank you.

Date of stay: June 2018

Thank you for this review Julie.
You have summed up our main aims.. We try to provide a warm and friendly atmosphere and value for money accommodation. With the added bonus of everything being a short walk away.
We look forward to your next visit.