All reviews washing machine apartment was clean sofa bed great apartment floor to ceiling windows stunning views across the bay living area second bedroom well equipped kitchen self catering lovely week flights of stairs steep walk spent a week fantastic location enjoyed our stay sea front
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Just had a few days in Torquay staying at the Astor apartments. Absolutely amazing, spotless, spacious, everything you need for a holiday, including a few games for a rainy day. The view is wonderful, I couldn’t stop looking out. We were lucky to have a beautiful day and got to sit out on the balcony, watch the world go by. Would highly recommend, the housekeeper very friendly, can’t fault anything.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2018

I often travel to Torquay for work & leisure, staying in some nice hotels but I thought for a change I would book a holiday home. This is my experience:

Booking:

I booked direct on the owners website, I had many advantages booking direct which included Lowest Price, Free Late Check Out plus Direct Contact with owner with no third party to deal with.

Check In:

You are sent a text message/ email with security code to enter the property, very simple process and I had no problems.

The Apartment:

Pure luxury, with many added extras and finished to a high standard.

Floor to celling windows, boasting the best views of Torquay & beyond, Watching the sunset led on a superb mattress was the highlight of my break.

The whole apartment was spotless and cleaned to a professional standard.

Master Bedroom -

Apart from the superb mattress, the owner have invested money on pure luxury bedding & pillows, woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day.

Extremely spacious with plenty of storage, again finished to a high standard with fittings & décor.

Pull back the black out curtains to a patio door leading onto your own covered private Patio Balcony, stunning Sea Views.

En-Suite boasts natural sunlight, top spec units and large power shower.

Bedroom 2 -

Two large Twin Beds, again owner has invested with your comfort at mind.

Finished to a high standard with stunning sea views, my guest was extremely happy with his bedroom.

Open Plan Living Area:

Fireplace focus point.

Two large gold sofas, where you can relax, watch T.V and the waves of the sea at the same time, pure bliss.

Dining Area, boasting family bored games, books & DVDS.

High Spec kitchen boasting dishwasher (there is a free service washing machine & dryers on site)

Patio Doors lead out to another covered private patio balcony, boasting garden sofas and chairs and of course them stunning sea views.

Again the owner have invested time & money with the holiday maker in mind, all the mod cons gives you that home to home feeling.

Main Bathroom:

Again, finished to high standard boasting power shower & bath. Towels are plenty & good quality.

Safety:

Felt safe and sound staying here, no problems. On site help is only a phone call away.

Services:

Check out the website for many extras you can add on, from a shopping list to chocolates & champagne!
Local Info:

Everything you need to know from Doctors to Taxis are provided in a handy welcome pack & book.

Overview:

5 Stars!

The owner should be proud of the holiday home and service provided.

As many of you know I often stay in high end hotels, but Astor Apartments have the best of both worlds, the added space you need with high end luxury with privacy.

Negatives:

I did not want to leave, and would of stayed longer if I could (consider this when booking).

Moving Forward:

I will be sure to return, I also noticed that the owner have further holiday homes over the U.K & Overseas, I will also be checking these out!

Honestly cant praise this property enough!

Pure Bliss!

Room Tip: All rooms & property are a good choice!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2018

We stayed in apartment 14 and absolutely loved it. Large, light and airy with wonderful views. Very clean and warm. Nicely decorated with a well equipped kitchen. Sadly the February weather was not warm enough for us to make use of the delightful outside terrace. The terrace has a large dinning table with benches, there is also another area for sitting and relaxing. Both areas give wonderful views of the sea. We did meet some of the staff who were very courtesy and helpful. Thank you, we will definitely be back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2018

We stayed for 4 nights in apartment 16 at the end of Jan/early Feb. I'm loathe to give Astor House 5 stars because I'd rather it was kept secret so we could book it anytime. But 5 stars is what it deserves. Our apartment was very cosy, spotlessly clean with a cracking view overlooking the bay from the living room window. Quality furniture and kitchen utensils helped to make our stay most comfortable indeed. If the owner, Mr Steve Mittler reads this review then I have to give a further 5 stars to your concierge, Pete. Pete was brilliant, very friendly, funny and couldn't do enough for us. He went the extra mile and deserves an immediate pay rise

Room Tip: We looked at apartment 6 which is stunning with loads of DVDs, books etc. It's perfect for a family as it has 2 bedroom.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bigshep2014
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Beautiful very modern spacious appartment in grand old renovated house with magnificent views over the bay. Spotless. Lovely terrace for chilling (even in January!!). Very conveniently located - !5 minute walk down cliff path to the harbour and town centre.

Room Tip: Appartment 14 is breathtaking!
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family