Free cancellation until 27/07
US$87
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as a couple for the Bank Holiday Weekend.
After reading the reviews , i was a little scepticle. But this place is lovely !
I phoned a few days before to ask for a bottle of Champayne to be put in the room (as it was our 10th Wedding Aniversry) for arrival at 3pm, and it was there , on ice as promised, along with the flowers i had pre ordered to be delivered.
A really warm welcome and fantastic customer servise.
Dont expect the Ritz, but for value and customer servise, you cant go wrong !

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I visited Torquay with my partner and sister and although the staff were pleasant that was about all. The beds were uncomfortable and the Wi-Fi didn't work in our room, the tv was tiny so may aswell not have it, also the room was very small and cluttered. The breakfast isn't specific says breakfast included, this consists of cereal, fruit, croissant and toast ( had to ask for different bread as was mouldy) overall I would not be returning

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed there for one night in August. Owner was very nice and although quite dated, the hotel was clean. What was annoying is I was expecting a swimming pool like in the pictures the hotel show. When I seen the pool, it was obvious the pool and area hadn't been in use for some time and wasn't closed due to upgrade as the sign suggested. Also I couldn't get any channels on the TV in the room

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I have just had the pleasure of staying one night at this so called 4 star Hotel with my girlfriend and younger sister. We were all so pleased it was only one night !!

I remember I asked my partner to book this, and I remember what I said, I told her make sure you book a 4 Star Hotel,it will cost an extra £35 or so, but if you do we will avoid all the nightmare places

On arrival we were greeted by the owner who was very pleasant, the reception room Dining room and lounge downstairs looked 4 starish.

Then up to the room, I don't really know where to start, on the plus side though to be fair it was clean and tidy..

To be kind if we had taken a cat with us we would not have been able to swing it ! clearly they had put an extra single Bed in a standard sized small room, there was a gap of 2 foot approx between the two beds !!

Now the bedding, again clean and tidy but the springs in the beds are ancient and noisy and poke through the mattress'.

In the advert was a nice sized swimming pool and Wfi, these were two things that attracted us to book this particular Hotel. Well the Wfi was available but not in range for our room, and the swimming pool was closed !

I went to reception in order to explain about the Wfi and was told that I was the 1st person to complain in 10 years We agreed a solution was an Ethernet cable which was quickly brought to our room. I started to think well not too bad, I said to the girls about 9 pm lets pop to the Bar and buy a few drinks to say thank you.

We walked down to the Bar, again the Owner was very pleasant. I paid £2.50 for a can of Stella and when I was handed one from the Owner it was warm ? I said do you have any cold ones ? I dont mind which lager as several were in the fridge, And wait for it ...........the reply was no they are all warm. I said I could not drink a warm lager and was given my money back.

Time for some food I thought so we popped out for a chinese mea.

On our return there were no parking spaces left, I think they have room for about 9 cars but have around 16 rooms, the nearest space was about half a mile away - not ideal.

Back to the room, and to the stiff door, everything in the room looks like it was purchased over 20 years ago, the TV was modern but we all needed a pair of Binoculars to see it as it was only a 10 inch Screen !!!

Ok now to bed on the squeaky springs, Heaven !!!.Not.

Now to breakfast, looking forward to a nice cooked breakfast,

Oh dear they do not do a cooked breakfast they only do a 'Continental breakfast'.

We were greeted politely and then told the Coffee machine had broken down and that Orders for both Tea and Coffee would be taken.

Having tucked in to a lovely bowl of cornflakes I thought a couple of slices of toast would be just the Job, unbelievably the slice of bread I picked out was moldy, I took this to the kitchen, the piece of bread was taken out of my hand,but unbelievably not a word was spoken, not sorry, or an apology.

Fair play all the bread both brown and white was replaced within 2 minutes but 'Really' Out of date bread !!!!!!

In summary I have watched many episodes of Fawlty Towers but I will give this place a miss for the rest of my Days, they clearly need to revamp a great number of things, mattresses, sideboards,wardrobes, increase the size of the TV's ease a few doors, & generally spend some money..

My grumble is over but important to share.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

A very pleasant four night stop over ... friendly staff, affordable family rates . Spacious comfortable television lounge overlooking pool area ( under repair) and ample seating in breakfast room with fresh continental fare and fruit , toast your own croissants and brown and white breads with plenty butter, cheese and jams . Lovely coffee , tea or hot chocolate . Rooms serviced daily with fresh linen and towels if required . Good value for money.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo