See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I have just had the pleasure of staying one night at this so called 4 star Hotel with my girlfriend and younger sister. We were all so pleased it was only one night !!

I remember I asked my partner to book this, and I remember what I said, I told her make sure you book a 4 Star Hotel,it will cost an extra £35 or so, but if you do we will avoid all the nightmare places

On arrival we were greeted by the owner who was very pleasant, the reception room Dining room and lounge downstairs looked 4 starish.

Then up to the room, I don't really know where to start, on the plus side though to be fair it was clean and tidy..

To be kind if we had taken a cat with us we would not have been able to swing it ! clearly they had put an extra single Bed in a standard sized small room, there was a gap of 2 foot approx between the two beds !!

Now the bedding, again clean and tidy but the springs in the beds are ancient and noisy and poke through the mattress'.

In the advert was a nice sized swimming pool and Wfi, these were two things that attracted us to book this particular Hotel. Well the Wfi was available but not in range for our room, and the swimming pool was closed !

I went to reception in order to explain about the Wfi and was told that I was the 1st person to complain in 10 years We agreed a solution was an Ethernet cable which was quickly brought to our room. I started to think well not too bad, I said to the girls about 9 pm lets pop to the Bar and buy a few drinks to say thank you.

We walked down to the Bar, again the Owner was very pleasant. I paid £2.50 for a can of Stella and when I was handed one from the Owner it was warm ? I said do you have any cold ones ? I dont mind which lager as several were in the fridge, And wait for it ...........the reply was no they are all warm. I said I could not drink a warm lager and was given my money back.

Time for some food I thought so we popped out for a chinese mea.

On our return there were no parking spaces left, I think they have room for about 9 cars but have around 16 rooms, the nearest space was about half a mile away - not ideal.

Back to the room, and to the stiff door, everything in the room looks like it was purchased over 20 years ago, the TV was modern but we all needed a pair of Binoculars to see it as it was only a 10 inch Screen !!!

Ok now to bed on the squeaky springs, Heaven !!!.Not.

Now to breakfast, looking forward to a nice cooked breakfast,

Oh dear they do not do a cooked breakfast they only do a 'Continental breakfast'.

We were greeted politely and then told the Coffee machine had broken down and that Orders for both Tea and Coffee would be taken.

Having tucked in to a lovely bowl of cornflakes I thought a couple of slices of toast would be just the Job, unbelievably the slice of bread I picked out was moldy, I took this to the kitchen, the piece of bread was taken out of my hand,but unbelievably not a word was spoken, not sorry, or an apology.

Fair play all the bread both brown and white was replaced within 2 minutes but 'Really' Out of date bread !!!!!!

In summary I have watched many episodes of Fawlty Towers but I will give this place a miss for the rest of my Days, they clearly need to revamp a great number of things, mattresses, sideboards,wardrobes, increase the size of the TV's ease a few doors, & generally spend some money..

My grumble is over but important to share.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

A very pleasant four night stop over ... friendly staff, affordable family rates . Spacious comfortable television lounge overlooking pool area ( under repair) and ample seating in breakfast room with fresh continental fare and fruit , toast your own croissants and brown and white breads with plenty butter, cheese and jams . Lovely coffee , tea or hot chocolate . Rooms serviced daily with fresh linen and towels if required . Good value for money.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

A typical Torquay B&B with a querky feel. Rooms odd shapes but very clean and tidy. The owners are on hand and very friendly. We were but unsure but very happy with everything and the beds were very comfortable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Me, my husband and two children stayed here for one night, ( glad it was just the one!) When we arrived, we were greeted by two very polite staff, they showed us to our room and advised to ask if we needed anything, the room smelt and looked old and dated, the kettle didn't work, the plug socket near the bed was all smashed exposing the wires, the patio set outside our room was dirty and covered in bird poo, the toilet didn't always flush (not good when your child likes to do lots of number 2s!) The water took about 10 mins to warm up, the to had a mind of its own, again not good when your kids want to be in bed at 8am and you rely on this for your entertainment, The good part was the bedding was clean and I managed 8 hrs of sleep!
Breakfast is served between 8.30am-9.30am, to my children's delight it was continental and edible and again the staff was very friendly and advised us of what was on offer.
The hotel states on their sign that they are 4 *, I would not give it this, it needs some tlc and money spending on the place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2017

The room is very small but the bed was extremely comfortable. We had a perfect nights sleep.

Over all this B&B is very basic. Only one small sachet of body wash each to use in the shower.

2 teabags and 2 coffee in the room. The shower was too hot or too cold and wouldn't settle down.

They only offer a basic breakfast of croissants and cereal etc.

The staff however were delightfully friendly and there was ample free parking.

Not worth the money for the room. Wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple