“Quality cuisine!”

Ranked #41 of 777 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$6 - US$64
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Housed in the world famous Plymouth Gin Distillery, the Barbican Kitchen was established in 2006 by the Tanner Brothers, Chris and James. Our aim is to deliver fresh local food at a realistic price. The Barbican Kitchen takes full advantage of the superb larder available to us here in the Westcountry.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been to this restaurant twice and I have been impressed with the quality of the food. I particularly enjoyed the cod cakes (with parsley mayonnaise) for starters and thought my steak was delicious! The dark chocolate cremeux with yogurt sorbet was lovely too. Hugely recommended!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 009)

7 - 11 of 1 009 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Didn’t book just a walk in on a busy Friday night. Had to wait no more than 5 minutes whilst they cleared a table.

Service was excellent and the food did not disappoint. Chicken with polenta and a side order of broccoli with soy sauce was an excellent combination.

How often have you been told not to touch the plate as it’s hot and found the food luke warm ? Well it doesn’t happen here! The food was hot and the plate hotter - well done.

Staff pleasant, attentive and well trained. Lovely to see professionals enjoying their work.

We come down to Plymouth once a year and when we come back next year will make sure we eat here again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went here after having a tour of the Plymouth Gin distillery which is below. The service is both friendly and efficient and the food is terrific. The setting is super and the prices are quite reasonable. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fab private dining room. The three course menu is reasonable for the quality food you get. The catch of the day was fresh and tasty. The staff are excellent and suitably attentive. There is no parking directly outside but parking nearby.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

To everyone at Barbican Kitchen,

I just wanted to send a quick message saying thank you for catering for our hen do yesterday.

My friend had a great time and everyone commented on how nice the food was and how friendly the staff were.

On a personal note, I would like to say thank you to you for being patient with the numerous emails and for accommodating the replacement balloons at last minute. It really helped me to relax on the night.

Thanks again.