“Just what I needed ”

Ranked #190 of 801 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$20 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award Winning Indian Cuisine and Dining at The Barbican Established to tantalise all your senses, the Jaipur Palace Restaurant offers patrons a truly Indian dining experience in every sense of the word. Inspired to deliver delicious culinary creations by Rajistan's Royal Palace, over 200 years of Indian restaurants in the UK and Plymouth's own outstanding local produce. Diners can enjoy stunning paintings and prints by Indian artists, hand carved mahogany screens, the soothing sounds of sitar music and the central water fountain.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

After a few beers in the near by hotel it was time to get a curry, living near the home town of the original Balti I was advised to visit this curry house. On arrival the decor is from the 90’s and due to the football it was not that busy. I was surprised at the cost of the starters and mains, I complain at paying £3.50 for a Pom Pom churee, to be hit with higher costs surprised me. Then I looked at the mains, normally pay £5:00 to £9:00 , here it was considerably a lot more. But put that aside I had one of the best meals I could have asked for. The service was second to none, the Cobra was served cold and the food was excellent. I read about the portions so only ordered a curry with naan, which was plenty. The service was pleasant and friendly, I’m back for work in over the next 10 weeks and will be putting this on my evening meal treats. Thank you for the service and see you soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Friendly staff, good meal with a menu that is that over the top and clear to choice what you want. Would visit again

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Our favourite Indian in Plymouth. Very traditional and dedicated staff and owner. No need to venture anywhere else!

Reviewed 12 February 2018

So we looked for an Indian meal to celebrate a family members birthday. On arrival there seemed to be an altercation going on between staff and we were not made to feel welcome and comfortable by any member of staff. Awkwardly we stood around the reception until someone came over. During the evening it was obvious to see that the staff members were busy working hard serving the meals but all this time there was one man the senior watching over the staff at all times. Anything they were doing he was watching over them, checking them and making customers and staff feeling uncomfortable. When it came to oaying the bill some by cash some by card the older guy was watching the waiter to it seemed check on what he was doing all the time.We arrived for our table that was booked at 8.00pm the restaurant felt cold when we sat down as if there was no heating on.
As always I feel for the staff who were trying to do their best and were amazing. Xx

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

First time here for my husband's Xmas dinner and will not be going back. Food was expensive and waited a long time for it. We were a large party but everything had been pre ordered. We didn't get our main meal till 9.45pm which was late. Shocked also as there was only 1 ladies toilet for a restaurant of this size. Didn't like the deep red colour interior and water fountain in the middle of the room. Staff seemed friendly and polite but not much interaction with the customers.