“Lovely selection of bakeware”
Review of Lawsons

Lawsons
Ranked #34 of 52 Shopping in Plymouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 21 November 2017

The staff were really helpful. At the time I was looking for a portable induction hob and they were able to provide me with one at a great price.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank Naomi S
Victoria L, Manager at Lawsons, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for your review, we are glad we could help you find what you were looking for and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

It's a shame that staff don't realise that they need customers. The assistant I spoke to didn't want to try and fulfill my requirements. She didn't want to help me even by trying to take me to the item. I walked out and won't be returning. They may be the last cookshop in town but I will be shopping online from now in. Seriously lawsons train your staff !

Date of experience: November 2016
2  Thank Sarah C
Management response:Responded 21 November 2016

Hi Sarah
Thanks for your review. We are genuinely sorry you did not receive the service you needed, this is not typical of the service we try to provide in Lawsons. It is normal practice for our staff to take customers to the product they are looking for and we do lots of product training to ensure they can talk you through any product you may be interested in. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to show you we can provide you with great customer service

Reviewed 11 November 2015

I share the view of a previous comment. This is an earnest place but without and great enthusiasm or buzz. Comprehensive stocks of everyday equipment and accessories.

Date of experience: November 2015
2  Thank Jannerbloke
Reviewed 1 February 2015

More people enjoy cooking at home than in decades. Much of the essential and some specialist kit is not available in department stores even John Lewis online. A good kitchen hard wear etc store is essential to any sizeable community. We came up hear looking for some basics this morning but although there is a vast stock including some a wide selection of bake wear and lifestyle brand electricals Lawson's still lacks the more interesting elements of the batterie de cuisine or any of the earnest and jolly enthusiasm we now expect in cooks and kitchen shops. Time to up a gear maybe, surely Plymouth's old provincial lacklustre demography and retail slough has begun to change up a few gears recently?

Date of experience: February 2015
3  Thank Joe S
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 September 2014

It maybe the last remaining such shop in Plymouth and it may go for more of the basics than the pans and pots that they sell in eg House of Fraser or Debenhams but it is not remotely on a par with say the Cook's Shop in Exeter or Bath Kitchens, both of which are geared towards earnest and enthusiastic home cooks and have comprehensive ranges of good stuff and those specialist items which are genuinely difficult to find. Lawsons does a bit for cake bakers etc and has a wall of middling but trendy electronic kit such as KitchenAid and sundry capsule coffee machines.

Date of experience: September 2014