All reviews homemade pies small pub friendly landlord good sized portions plymouth sound free parking a great stay breakfast was excellent ales mountbatten accommodation fury harbour
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

So glad to see a nice local pub back up and running again in Plymstock. Used to be a regular here 5 years ago. Only popped in for a drink but saw very reasonably priced meals coming out and clear plates being collected from tables. The pubs been decorated inside and out and the garden has had slabs laid. Lovely landlord and landlady who were regulars themselves so know the clientele and what they are looking for from this pub. Hope the business continues to grow- I'll definitely be back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Boringdon Arms had been closed for some time but has now been extensively refurbished and open once more. It has a small lounge, a good bar and a lovely enclosed garden to the rear
Good range of Camra ales and good pub food. Staff very helpful and friendly. Its only a 30 min walk from home so will be visiting for evening meal again soon.
Have not seen the accommodation so cant comment on this but suspect it is very good.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

The Boringdon reopened on Friday 4th after a complete redecoration and it looks great!

Although the beer garden was not yet finished I look forward to sitting outside soon as it looked lovely

I really liked that fact that there are enough areas to have a drink and chat , something rare in other pubs where all available space is used for dining

It's great to have a good pub on our doorstep

Welcome back !

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MMAllen
Reviewed 5 February 2016

I stayed at this 18th century pub two days ago and really enjoyed my stay, the landlord and landlady made me feel very welcome and the bacon and sausages at the breakfast would put many more expensive hotels to shame.

Yes it is an 18th century building needing some work but the rooms were clean, the view and atmosphere great, I can not believe the past few reviews for this place,I think they were written by people who had not stayed here or had vested interests.

The whole atmosphere was like a cornish fishing village but far better, the couple running the pub can not make you feel more welcome, this is the complete opposite of a travelodge and far far better for it, you will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Park in the large public car park ten metres away, the locals will appreciate it as the streets are like a cornish fishing village
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank petergru69
BoriPL9, Owner at Boringdon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Thank you sooooooo much for your kind words, and we ( and our locals ) send our best greetings and love. Especially Aunty Carol!! see you soon!

Danny antd Tam x x x x x x

Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

Popped in on Christmas Eve for a nice drink after work and have never ever been treated so poorly in my whole life. After ID being requested to be shown the male staff member proceeded to make a joke about the picture on my ID which was very very offensive and ruined my evening. The worst bar staff I have ever met. This was not the Christmas Eve I was expecting after a long day at work and will never be returning to such a horrible place again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Caroline1209
BoriPL9, Owner at Boringdon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2016

Thank you for your comments,, and we would like to sincerely apologise for any offence you felt. This matter has been dealt with appropriately in house, and IS NOT the way we operate.

We should however draw your attention to the facts that a) A number of your party were intoxicated. The licencing law insists we refuse service to these people....B) A number of your parry did not carry ID..Again, we are unable to serve them. ...... C) A good number of your group had arrived with their own alcohol.. This is not permitted, and we can not comply with licencing laws with these conditions. We are taking this matter very seriously, but please be aware that we asked you to leave for a number of reasons that were out of our control.

Again, I wish to extend our deepest apologies for any offence.

Kind regards,