“Amazing! We love it there!!!! ”
Review of Bistrot Pierre

Bistrot Pierre
Ranked #76 of 804 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$15 - US$29
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our bistrot is housed within Royal William Yard, considered to be one of the most important groups of historic military buildings in Britain. It was built by the Royal Navy between 1825 and 1835 and provided the Navy, at home and sea, with food and drink. Bistrot Pierre’s ‘raison d’être’ is great value French cooking and seasonal menus. We like to combine French bistrot classics such as steak-frites, boeuf bourguignon and tarte au citron with our own take on regional favourites like tarte flambée, Bouillabaisse and paté de campagne. Our relaxed and friendly bistrot is the place to go for any occasion. Open seven days a week serving lunch and dinner and breakfast at weekend we have something for everyone, from the two-course prix-fixe lunch for £10.95 and a two-course pre-theatre menu for £14.95 to the sumptuous a la carte menu, and for those with little time we now also offer a one-course lunch menu for just £9.50. Wander through our distinctive French wine list too, with over 20 French wines sold by the glass you will discover something exquisite to drink with your meal. For something a little special we also host a range of events at the bistrot. Join us on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month for our Soireé Gastronomique, a six-course set menu with hearty provincial cooking. This is outstanding value priced at £22.95 per person. In addition, we also offer a special Dine with Wine evening where each course comes with a glass of specially chosen wine. This takes place on the first and third Wednesday of every month, so join us for a delicious two or three course set dinner menu for £22.95/£27.95 per person. We want to make sure there is something for everyone on our menus, whatever your dietary requirements. That’s why you’ll find plenty of delicious gluten-free dishes as well as a child-friendly menu on offer to help make your experience in our restaurant as easy and enjoyable as possible. If you love what we do and are looking for the perfect present, give the gift of French dining and order our gift vouchers online.
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We like be it here! The atmosphere is fantastic, service is excellent and I can honestly say I’ve never had a bad experience whist visiting. The food is beautiful and outstanding value for money especially the Prix Fixe menu. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Date of visit: April 2018
Manager L, Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Good Morning.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some wonderful feedback after visiting our Bistrot I am delighted to read that you have had an enjoyable visit.

The pre fix menu is very popular with many customers and has proven to go down well, it runs from Sunday to Thursday which is always good to get to get booked in.

Pascale. M

Write a ReviewReviews (2 028)

146 - 150 of 2 029 reviews

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I went here with my partner, there was a little wait to be seated which was fine as they where understandably busy. The food was lovely and although they where busy the service was very good indeed, very attentive.

It wouldn’t let me rate the service, food or value but 5 stars for all.

Date of visit: March 2018
Manager L, Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Good Morning.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback as all our customers thoughts and comments are all taken on board, I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Bistrot as we thrive on good food and service.

warmest regards
Pascale M

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Amazing ambience in this restaurant. Been here several times and always busy. Went for lunch with friends on saturday, luckily we'd booked as it was pretty full. I don't mind a wait between courses, I would prefer that to being rushed. However on this occasion I had the pork with bearnaise sauce. It was hot and tasty, but had been left for some time before being brought over. The sauce had a skin over it, which made me think it had been left waiting before being served, and it could have done with more sauce, it was a little dry. The choice of desserts was not huge either, and not to my taste. Oh well, that can't be helped, we don't all like the same thing!

Good Morning.

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking some time to leave us some feedback, were always delighted to hear back from our customers.
Saturdays are always very busy and popular with the menus we have on offer, I am however sorry to read your review on the pork béarnaise dish, I will be speaking to the kitchen team about the sauce on the dish as we are always more than happy to give more sauce if needed, as for the wait on the food I will speak to the front of house staff members to ensure timings on food and the correct procedures are being followed for this I can only apologise, and hope it didn't not have a knock on effect when dinning with us.

we look forward to seeing you again in the near future
warmest regards
Pascale M

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Booked breakfast on line!! Enjoyed breakfast , lovely service, have been a few times & with family, will deffo be booking again , great place, great staff!!

Date of visit: April 2018
Manager L, Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Good Morning.

were delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to Bistrot, and had a wonderful breakfast along with it.

Pascale. M

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Food was lovely but given a non gluten free dessert by mistake. I asked waitress to double check and she whisked my non GF dessert away and came back with correct one. Acoustics difficult when busy, especially for anyone with hearing issues.

Date of visit: October 2017

Good Morning.

I have privatly messaged you this morning.

Pascale.M