“Lovely clean and comfortable accommodation ”
Review of Admiral MacBride

Admiral MacBride
Ranked #213 of 801 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: The Admiral MacBride is a traditional English Pub with a friendly and relaxing atmosphere located on Plymouth's historic Barbican seafront. The Admiral MacBride is built upon the original Mayflower Steps from where the pilgrim fathers set sail for America. We provide an extensive food menu in using, wherever possible, locally grown vegetables and fresh fish and shellfish landed right here on the Barbican. We also offer a wide selection of lager, real ales, cider & wine for your enjoyment.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The Admiral Macbride is a pub on the waterfront offering accommodation , the pub has a good selection of beers and a good menu without hundreds of dishes which I feel is the right sort of menu and concentrate on good produce

The only downside as it’s on the waterfront it can be a little noisy but I left the window open and feel asleep without too much difficulty

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Nice atmosphere and good service. Their fresh crab sandwiches are super. Either to eat in or take away. Nothing to much trouble for the staff. We visited every day that we were in plymouth will definitely visit again when in plymouth

Reviewed 14 June 2018

This is a nice, unpretentious little pub to pop into for a quiet drink if you are on the Barbican in Plymouth. Nicely situated opposite the Mayflower Steps. I only ever go in the daytime so I can't comment on what it is like in the evening but I always find the staff very friendly and polite and the atmosphere relaxing. The menu is limited and I have never eaten there but I have seen plenty of people eating and not heard any complaints. It's just a nice place to nurse a pint of Jail Ale and browse the free WiFi or people watch out of the window for an hour or so.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

I have popped into the Admiral on previous occasions but it has never been convenient for me to try the fresh crab sandwiches until now. Lovely fresh moist crab filling very nice and my son rally enjoyed his Fish Finger sandwich, so all in all a good light lunch with a nice a pint of beer, what's not to like.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Weren’t sure if we could bring dog into pub, but we were quickly invited in and made welcome. Ordered some of their fantastic crab sandwiches. A great pit stop.