“Not happy”
Review of Bill's

Bill's
Ranked #136 of 804 Restaurants in Plymouth
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I visited Bills today for lunch with my partner.I had previously been there before with a group of lady friends and unfortunately had to give a poor review as we were sat near the toilets and spent lunch time viewing the toilet bowl as the door was never closed !
So having vowed never to go again , I did !!!
This time I requested that I not be seated near the toilet area.However because the restaurant is small this is difficult. But the young waiter reassured me that my past complaint had been actioned and the toilet door remaining open was no longer a problem. Unfortunately ...it was still a problem...Although on this visit several waiting staff closed it, if noticed.
Apart from that the burger was lovely and tastie.

BillsRestaurant, Kelly at Bill's, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Hi Karen,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent visit. It's a shame that the disabled toilet door was still a problem for you this time, we do keep an eye on it and when guests leave it open we make a point of closing it straight away. It's been an issue for us too so we are having a lock fitted to solve this. We are lucky to have a large restaurant so we'd be more than happy to sit you at the front or upstairs should you prefer, despite this I'm glad that you enjoyed your burger and we do hope that you'll come back to give us another try.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Very dissapointing! Visited for a 6pm booking on the 16th & within 20 minutes or so had our starter & main meal delivered to our table with barely 5 mins between...felt like we were being rushed & the experience has made us think we might not got back!

Date of visit: June 2018
BillsRestaurant, Kelly at Bill's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback on your recent visit, we always aim to provide a very high standard of food and service and I apologise that you felt the service was too fast on this occasion. We certainly don't want to rush our guests and if you prefer more of a rest between courses we would be very happy to wait as long as you like.

We do hope that you'll come back and give us another try,

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Great food and lovely staff. Lauren On the bar was lovely. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2018

Hi Jill,

Thanks for the great review, I'll make sure Lauren sees this!

See you again

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous breakfast - so many restaurants seem to get it wrong.
Lovely friendly service, really enjoyed the morning. Thank you!!

Date of visit: June 2018
BillsRestaurant, Kelly at Bill's, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Hello,

Thanks for the great review! Lovely to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We visited Bill’s just for a beer, but decided to stay for food. The food was excellent, but it was Amelia who made it an amazing experience. She was friendly, bubbly, allways smiling and greeted all of her customers as if they were the only ones she was serving. She was a breath of fresh air

1  Thank Anna-Marie G
BillsRestaurant, Kelly at Bill's, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Hi Anna-Marie,

Thanks for the fantastic review, we have such a great team and it's always lovely to hear your compliments which I will certainly pass on to Amelia!

Hope to see you again soon,