“Rude visit”

Kingfisher Fish & Chips
Ranked #258 of 801 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: British
Description: If we had made you happy please leave us a review. If you are unhappy, we are sorry, please give us the opportunity to make amends before leaving negative feedback. Please contact us
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I was very disappointed with the service of one particular girl out front. She was blonde and dishing up the food into boxes. She was extremely slow and rude to the other employees, she rolled her eyes at me when I simply requested if she had put salt and vinegar on the meal. Will not be returning again. Was over priced and experience was ruined by that employees unpoliteness. Other employees were kind and smiley and the food was okay.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Has this place been taken over by new management or something? I have in the past had great fish and chips from here, but last Monday I went in and bought fish and chips for my family and I just couldn't belive how the service and food had changed, and certainly not for the best!! The girl serving couldn't care less and messed the order up. The cod I swear I thought was a battered sauasge it was so thin and small, and the chips was dreid up and tasteless nothing like they were before, yet was still the sky high price charged for it!! (Nearly £19.50 for 3 x cod and chips if you could calll it that!!) I only left one star because I couldn't see an option to leave none.

It is a shame after the awards and how it used to be. Please take on staff that look like they actually want to do the job and are interested, and please go back to how you used to do the food. I won't be bothering to go back anymore after my last visit!!

3  Thank 514shop
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Every Monday, Kingfisher provides gluten free options which are always delicious. The batter on the cod is the best I've tasted, and the meal is generously portioned. They even have a gluten free vinegar available to top everything off. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Such a shame, as the fish is excellent here, but today my wife found 2 pubic hairs in her portion of cod and chips - we threw the whole lot away at that stage. I would have gone back but for the fact it is 25 minutes away from the rental house we're in. Been there so many times before without issues, but clearly there are hygiene problems. We won't be heading back.

5  Thank Anton D
Craig M, Owner at Kingfisher Fish & Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Utter rubbish. If you have been here many times, how many time did you see us running around naked!!. We actually wear clothes, hats and hairnets. The actual chances of you having not 1 but 2 pubic hairs is impossible!
We are a small family business who work hard to ensure our fish & chips are top drawer as is our premises. This kind of unsubstantiated review is damaging to small family run business like ours. If you had genuine cause for complaint you could have called, and even sent a picture. I can only imagine that this rubbish was purely intended to damage our name and hurt us! Trip advisor you seriously have to stop people putting up unsubstantiated reviews like this. I have asked tripadvisor to remove this review as the very notion is ridiculous and completely untrue!
IF there was something in your food has it occurred to you that it may be thin slithers or shards of food safe cardboard from the boxes!!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Great service, fantastic food cooked well. Very knowledgeable about the importance of avoiding cross contamination for coeliacs. Always a winner! Never fails to impress. Worth a visit.