The Harbour Seafood Restaurant and Takeaway
Ranked #5 of 786 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$13 - US$92
Description: At the Harbour we cater for all customers. Whether you are with the children or in a large group. We specialise in fresh seafood landed meters away from the restaurant. We also have prime fillet and ribeye steaks to go with your seafood. Lobster and crab is on the menu everyday if you fancy a treat. We also offer lunchtime specials than run everyday of the year where you can enjoy line caught cod, chips (bottomless) homemade mushy peas, and homemade tartar sauce all for £9. We also have a takeaway which means you can enjoy our delicious menu at home or in the sunshine. Dogs are welcome in the restaurant until 7 pm. Sea you soon!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

service amazing and quality of food first class, Steve the waiter really went the extra mile
to help us with wheelchair due to broken foot

Harbourmanager, Manager at The Harbour Seafood Restaurant and Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi michaellorrainel,

Thank you so much for the five-star review!

I'm glad that your service and food was up to our usual high standards, and I was more than happy to help with the wheelchair issue!

Hope to see you again soon, and best of luck for a speedy recovery.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent fish and chips eaten outside at the tables along by the harbour. Crispy fish and delicious chips with mushy peas. Will definitely go again when we're in Plymouth next - the lobster dishes looked amazing.

Hi TEC182014,

Thank you for the five-star review; it's short but sweet!

Yes, definitely do come to try the Lobster sometime soon... It's a seasonal dish so you'll have to come back before September though!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I booked a table at The harbour to celebrate a birthday, I have been before and enjoyed the grilled fish and salad, but this time I ordered the fillet steak which was without a doubt the best I’ve eaten, I had the unlimited chips and peppercorn sauce and would definitely recommend!!

Hi Laura B,

What an awesome heading, thank you!

I'm really glad that you enjoyed the steak; we're lucky to have a great relationship with our suppliers so we're always getting the best steaks in; they certainly take some beating! I'm a huge fan of the peppercorn sauce also, like the majority of our sauces and sides it's homemade by our Head Chef.

Hopefully you'll be back to try some of our other great dishes soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The seafood here is amazing. We had fish & chips and Calamari. The fish is amazingly tasty. Maybe it's the best fish & chips I have had in the UK so far.

Hi Julia W,

Thank you so much for the great review!

I'll pass your comments onto the kitchen team; I'm sure they'll be thrilled.

Hopefully you'll be back to try some more of our great dishes soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ate here again today for 3rd time, excellent fish dishes, lovely light and airy restaurant, with quirky nautical/vintage wall art. Great menu, with specials and fish I'd never tried. After he'd showed us to our table Micky went through the specials and a more friendly and attentive person you couldn't wish for. I had the Brill which I'd not had before and would certainly have again, my partner had her favourite fish taco's. Yet another happy pair of diners at this lovely restaurant. See you again soon!

Hi John D,

Thank you for the great review, we really appreciate it!

Glad that you enjoyed the Brill, it's one of my personal favourites along with things like Turbot and Red Gurnard. Keep an eye on our Seafood Misto dish; it changes all the time based on what we can get fresh from the fish market and it's a great way of trying three different fish for the price of one!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.