Reviews (1 332)
1 332 results
All reviews park and ride hi express beans sofa bed free breakfast met office self service the breakfast area air con convenient location yogurt city centre reception staff budget hotel good size what it says on the tin plenty of parking
9 - 14 of 1 332 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn Express for many years and I was pleasantly surprised how much they have improved.

The room was clean with everything you need. It was a bit hot but at least we could open the window. We did get disturbed in the night by people coming back late and banging on doors but you can get that in any hotel on a Fri/Sat night. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was also very good.

The hotels location makes it convenient for the Rugby stadium as it's not far to walk and on the edge of the city so no queuing endlessly to get into Exeter.

We would definitely go back if we go down to watch another game.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Natalie C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter M5, Jct 29, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay.
I am thrilled you enjoyed your experience so much. It is true our location is a popular factor for our guests. We are directly by the Park and ride into the city center, as well as the park and ride on match days for Chiefs!
Should you ever have any issues during your stay be it from noise or an issue in the room please do let us know, we have staff available 24 hours a day.
Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a very pleasant stay in this clean and comfortable hotel, and, at the discounted rate for a Friday night, it was exceptionally good value for money.
The only disappointment was the breakfast coffee. It is possible for self-service machines to produce good coffee. We regularly stay in chain hotels in France in the same price bracket, and their multi-beverage machines produce excellent coffee from freshly ground beans. Here, the multi-beverage machine is sleek and stylish with a touch screen display, but both my espresso and my wife’s long black coffee had a most unpleasant taste and were clearly not from freshly ground beans. Likes and dislikes of coffee are obviously subjective, but we doubt that many guests would enjoy their coffee here.
In every other respect, we would thoroughly recommend Holiday Inn Express Exeter.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Yallands,

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review of your stay. I am thrilled you found your stay to be of exceptional value. Breakfast is always included in your stay with us. Including the four hot options Sausage, Bacon, Beans and scrambled egg.
The coffee in our breakfast area does serve granulated coffee. However we have a machine at the bar which serves coffee grounded from the bean. These can be purchased at an additional cost. I do thank you for your comments regarding this however as without your feedback we could not convey this to head office, who will be able to make the decision to change and adapt our products.
I am really pleased that you would recommend us. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

Lots of car parking. Good size rooms. Very clean. Quiet. Excellent breakfast. Good size tv. Reading lights. Friendly helpful staff. Evening meal disappointing. Limited choice, quite expensive & service very slow.

Date of stay: October 2018
Natalie C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter M5, Jct 29, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Dear Teresa L,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your online review, it is great to receive your feedback.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and liked our quiet location and clean hotel.
We have recently introduced a snack menu that is available throughout the day and into the evening. I am sorry to read that you did not like the choices available. Over the coming weeks we will be introducing new items to choose from too and I do hope that you will try these options in the future.
Thank you again for all your feedback and I do hope that we can welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards
Natalie C
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 28 October 2018

The staff were really welcoming, couldn't have been more helpful.
Booked in earlier as room was ready which was a bonus.
Lovely clean room. Bathroom clean and well equipped. Extra teas and coffees in foyer just help yourself.
Menu was a bit sparse but I think everyone would find something they liked, and well priced. The bar was expensive though, so only had couple drinks.
The breakfast was really good for the £6.95. Eat as much as you like. Coffee machine was exellent. Food hot. Well worth it.
We ate at Miller & Carter but it was a walk across the car park ( I do like the inns with it joined, especially as it's getting to that time of year. The menu at Miller & Carter was really good and Resonably priced.
All in all good stay, icing on cake was trolley you could use to take cases out, nice touch

Room tip: They all looked freshly decorated. Ours was room 050 and it was quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnaandrew
Natalie C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter M5, Jct 29, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Hello donnaandrew.

Thank you for leaving such a great review of your stay with us. It's great to get such thorough feedback which always helps.
I am really pleased that you found the room to be lovely and clean. All of our rooms are En-suite. It's also true that we have extra teas and coffee's available for our guests should they ever require a top up.
I am also thrilled you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. It is always included in your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express.
We do have our snack menu which is served daily 5pm-9pm. Although there are several other options available within walking distance which provide a slightly larger menu.
Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2018

My actual rating, if I could would be in fact 3.5.
On our journey from Scotland to Cornwall, decided to stop overnight at H/Inn Express. Staff were great, offered us a ground floor unit, convenient, as we were leaving the next morning. Unit clean and comfortable. Hair dryer was "hard wired" to a power point in the bedroom area. Obviously guests seem to take them as an added "bonus". I had no problem with that except our hair dryer was falling apart and couldn't use, potentially a safety issue. I would have thought that this should be an item that the house staff when cleaning and making sure that items had "not walked out the door", have been picked up and notified their manager, not wait for a unit to be released to a member of the public. We don't know how many other guests may have had to put up with. Yes I did report to desk staff on checkout. From memory I think there was also a light bulb out, also reported.
I believe this is a work health and safety issue and these staff do have a duty of care!
I have travelled across the United States and exclusively stayed in Holiday Inn venues from San Francisco, New York, San Diego and Laguna Beach, and these were beyond reproach, and I wrote glowing reviews.
The complimentary breakfast was great, piping hot, good selection, and plenty of.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Natalie C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter M5, Jct 29, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Dear Valued guest.

Thank you for leaving such a thorough review of your stay with us here at Exeter.
I am really pleased that you found the staff great, with offering a ground floor room too. Any room preferences are always met as long as it is possible.
It's true most of our hairdryers are wired into the mains and always come as standard. As for the light bulbs in the room they do stop working from time to time as all light's do. Certainly our housekeeping team do let us know if anything needs fixing in any of the rooms however I can reassure you that this never compromises a guests health and safety. If it did then we would not sell the room until the issue had been fixed.
Thank you again for your time.