“Was almost a 5 ”
Review of Lloyd's Lounge

Lloyd's Lounge
Ranked #137 of 576 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Description: Enjoy a drink, light snack or an indulgent meal in an atmospheric urban space offering a sophisticated, relaxed dining experience with food inspired by local and seasonal produce. Mixing delicious drinks to perfection, Lloyd’s Lounge is the perfect venue for meeting friends or entertaining clients. Enjoy the laid-back ambience, with an unpretentious atmosphere and a bar stocked with the highest quality spirits, wines, beers and gins.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

As an avid supporter of Exeter’s shrinking local independent restaurants ( I cant stand these vile branded tacky chains flooding our fine city with bad overpriced pre made food) and a former manager of some high end restaurants and bars in London and Devon I can be overly picky and notice things perhaps people not in the industry don’t, that being said I wanted to try Lloyd’s Lounge out as it was a glorious sunny day and I wanted to eat outside in the sun.

I would have given my visit a 5* but there was one tiny thing missing.
Firstly my waiter was very helpful when I asked for the prawn starter to be mad bigger as a main course. Some places are so restricted to the silly line “ sorry it’s not on the menu” that I was very happy to see how accommodating the waiter was.
My salad arrived looking very tasty, well presented and for a £1 extra charge to upgrade made for excellent value for money ( the key to local Exeter dining)
It was also extremely tasty and refreshing on a scorching hot day.
To drink I had a gorgeous Kir Royal but sadly made with crime Du Muir not Casis. Still nothing major, I am also a huge Artisan gin fan so to see some gins which are not the normal bar fair was really great. Salcombe gin is highly recommended but only if you mix it with Fever Tree tonic, try the Elderflower. Gorgeous.

My only slight negative which stopped me giving this first visit a 5* was that on both sides of me and In front of me all 3 tables ordered drinks which never arrived at their respective tables, then followed by waiting staff apologising and offering drinks on the house. This is normally staff trying to do to many things to quickly and forgetting to put them through. So a small training/ service issue but nothing major and easily corrected.
I said I can be overly picky and as that was the only slight negative that’s not bad at all.
Oh and nice to Lloyd and his dad working the floor and door to. Great to see the proprietor taking an active interest in their business.
All in all a really great first visit, think this might be my fav new hang out.
Can’t recommend highly enough, and if you want a great cocktail ask Luke to make one of his concoctions.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We visited here one Saturday lunchtime for a couple of cocktails for the wife and a couple of beers for me. The service was impeccable and the atmosphere was really chilled. What topped it off for me was a complimentary cheeseboard offered by the owner just so that he could get some feedback as to which cheeses we preferred etc.

A great bar/bistro. We’ve recommended it to friends and family and we can’t wait to return!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Called in to meet friends for cocktails this place has a continental feel about it. Friendly staff good service chilled out atmosphere. They do breakfast good tapas or just coffee a good range of cocktails or beers one of the better bars in exeter will definitely be calling in again.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We had breakfast here for my husband birthday - cooked breakfast was delicious as was the coffee. Beautifully decorated and a great relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to sit & watch the world walk by over a couple of drinks & a bite to eat. Good service, European feel to the place & a relaxed atmosphere.