“Great quality and not bad value ”
Review of Comptoir Libanais

Comptoir Libanais
Ranked #53 of 564 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Description: "The Lebanese cafe continues to impress us with its fresh mezze, interesting soft drink selection, snappy service and good looks." - Time Out The food at Comptoir is fresh, healthy, honest and affordable.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had the sharing platter, chicken shish and the sea bass. The sharing mezze platter was pretty good and filling. The sea bass was not good nor good value for money. The chicken was tasty and fresh. The service was a bit hit or miss but at lunch time it didn’t matter to us.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I had a great evening at Comptoir. We usually avoid chains but Comptoir is the exception (I’ve eaten several times in the Oxford branch). The food was served swiftly and was delicious. Service was attentive and friendly. We ordered a selection of dips, sides and a wrap to share - perfect. The wine was rather nice too!!!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived for lunch having visited here many times before , managed to get a table which was cleaned by a young waitress but used a dish cloth to mop up some food juice from another table on to ours . Not exactly hygienic. We asked her to clean it again if possible with a fresh cloth but she never returned.
After 10 minutes of waiting we decided to leave only to see the same waitress sniggering at us from a distance.
No worries as we walked 20 yards down the road to Absurd Bird and had a good lunch

1  Thank 69Pinkpanther
General M, Manager at Comptoir Libanais, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

We are really disappointed that you had such a poor visit to our restaurant and appreciate your feedback as
it helps us improve. Please be assured our myself and the team take all feedback really seriously and will be
looking into how we can ensure this doesn’t happen again. I hope you'll give us another try in future, as this
does not reflect our usual standards.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

I think this may have been the first time ordering vegetarian for my starter and my main in a restaurant. The staff were very knowledgeable about the menu and super friendly. My bold choice of not choosing the lamb on the menu luckily paid off as I was completely blown away by the flavour of my main. The shared mezze starter was also great. Couldn't recommend more! Can't wait to come me back and will no doubt order this on deliveroo.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Arranged a special meal for 6 of us for my daughter as an alternative "hen do" in Exeter for last Friday night when the 'Beast from the East 2' arrived. We arrived half an hour late due to the weather on arrival we were greeted by our waitress who introduced herself, thanked us for our booking and showed us to our table which she assured was ours for the whole evening. We were very impressed with the vibrant, colourful ambience of the Restaurant and the staff who were so welcoming with their attentive service. As a starter we had the Meze and a number of varied dishes for the mains and dessert it was good to see that our vegetarian friends were well catered for - the waitress gave a full explanation of the ingredients used in each dish. The food was well prepared, it was very flavoursome and an added bonus was being able to purchase ingredients that are used in the cuisine to take home. The varied wine list catered for all tastes. We all thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the evening the excellent service and quality food - we are in the process of arranging another evening/lunch here as soon as possible!