“no regrets”
other travellers have booked this property
Sitting room with down river views
Up river views and sitting room Tall ship departing viewed from the sitting room, July 2015
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Sitting room with down river views
Up river views and sitting room
Tall ship departing viewed from the sitting room, July 2015
View down the estuary and out to sea past the castle from the sitting room.
Seagulls at rest from the sitting room.
Kingswear from Spyglass sitting room
View from the roof terrace
Our new front door!
All new shower room
The moon over the estuary and dim lights fro Dartmouth castle from the sitting room
The new kitchen with small door onto the roof terrace
Dining table and Kitchen with the terrace behind
Flat screen TV and nautical items
View from sitting room - lovely!
View down over the lower ferry
The 'new' double bedroom
More of the double bedroom
Twin bedroom
Twin bedroom 2.
Games, jigsaws, nauticalia, sailing books.
Nice cosy wood burner installed upstairs.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Emma T
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Nice but lacked care”
Reviewed 13 October 2018 for a stay in September 2018

A long drive was not softened on arrival to find we needed to clean the place from top to bottom. It was filthy. The roof top terrace was inaccessible because the garden was over grown. I rang the owner who was nice but as he intended to sell I don’t suppose making us feel welcome or repeat custom was top of his agenda. There was no offer of a discount, we paid full whack to stay in a dirty house - not what you come on holiday for. I have pictures of the filthy floor and stained bedding.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
19 Oct 2018
I can not express how upset I was by this review. I think it is important to try and correct things if they are not up to standard. You did call me - not only was I nice and apologetic, but I also said I would get the cleaners back to sort it - and you said not to. Do I have Spyglass up for sale? yes - Do I therefore treat people who visit differently? - not at all. The roof terrace was not inaccessible - some ivy draped over the railings looks rather nice in my book. The bedding is replaced annually at great expense. The cottage is professionally cleaned by a local business. We strive hard to make Spyglass a lovely place to stay, and virtually all our guests rave about their time here. Maybe in some way the cleaners rushed through? I don't know - they say no.
TrailBlaz...
“no regrets”
Reviewed 24 August 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Nice little appartement with picturesque view. With its steep steps this part of Dartmouth looked almost meditarrenean to us.
Excellent starting point for walks along coast path and to Greenway. Very friendly owner.
We didn't use the terrace much which is a little difficult to climb, but nevermind - we didn't miss it. View from inside is marvellous enough.
We spend 3 weeks there and never got bored. Enjouyed our stay very much.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
26 Aug 2018
Many thanks -I'm really glad you liked staying at Spyglass so much.
Cruiser56...
“Perfect hideaway with views to die for!”
Reviewed 25 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Tucked away but with the most amazing views this was the ideal place to unwind after a frantic school term. Left the car for five days and explored on foot, by ferry and boat. The accommodation was just what we needed. The vista from the lounge window was picture perfect day and night.
Weather was mostly kind with just two named storms passing through! In between was sunshine a most pleasant experience at this time of year. We will be back for more....

Your age range 50-64
5 Nov 2017
Aw thanks for the review. Only 2 storms coming through is pretty good for a south coast Autumn. You are welcome back any time. All the best, Martin
Storytell...
“Spy glass is just lovely”
Reviewed 23 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

No need to use the car at all, bus train and boats can take you any where although the view is great and always some thing to see from the big windows. A perfect holiday home.

16 Oct 2017
Thanks - I think we are lucky in Dartmouth as there are so many transport choices. And, because it's on a coastal loop south off the A38 we don't get 'through' traffic. Glad you had a fab time. Come again! cheers Martin
Irongiant...
Greater London, United Kingdom
“A Fab Week!”
Reviewed 23 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Compact, comfortable, convenient, with a fantastic view across the Dart. Spyglass makes the perfect base from which to spend your vacation in Dartmouth and surrounding area. It is cosy but as they say, small but perfectly formed. You have everything you need to hand and the view really is fantastic, particularly first thing in the morning with the sun beaming in filling the upper room with a flood of warming sunshine. Conversely, dusk is just as pretty a time of day with the sun dipping and the houses over in Kingswear taking on the role of living fairy lights twinkling off the Dart, and the boats continuously jugging back and forth. The steps up to Spyglass can be a bit daunting and take a bit of getting used to as they are a little steeper and misshapen than most but it all adds to the character of the property and the town in general. A lovely, compact and cosy holiday home in a fabulous setting!

Your age range 50-64
16 Oct 2017
Thank you for your great review.I'm so glad you had a good time. Please do come again. Cheers Martin.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing