“A wet bank holidays dream”
Review of The Halsetown Inn

The Halsetown Inn
Ranked #36 of 154 Restaurants in St Ives
Price range: US$28 - US$43
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Country pub with great food , Michelin and Good Food guide recommended.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After visiting on Easter Sunday to a very very busy pub serving what looked a good Sunday lunch. Fully booked but stopped for drink we decided to book for Easter Monday and weren’t we glad we did!
We have two dogs which were made very welcome and sat in bar area.
To start I had a mussel clam and haddock chowder with sourdough it was truly delicious hubby had halomi courgette and mint fritters which again he said were lovely.
For main we both had hake it was very very good and ample portions could of done with some bread to mop the delicious sauce but that’s me being piggy!
Alfregalto with expresso was my desert. Just right
All staff that served us were very present and couldn’t do enough for you
We’ve found a great eating place to come as we visit several times a year

Cheers guys made a rubbish bank hol memorable

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve eaten Sunday dinner in many places. Come down to Cornwall for holidays, not every year, but always have to come to the Halsetown Inn. Easter Sunday, we booked. I ordered belly pork, the rest had roast beef. Atmosphere is relaxed but vibrant and staff are so attentive. The food arrived. Wow! 6 different vegetables, beautiful belly pork, my kind of Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes cooked to perfection. So much imagination had gone into it. Not just your average veg. Roasted carrots, cheese and leek bake, red cabbage(my fav). Half way through my plate I tell my family this is the best Sunday dinner I’ve ever had, only to be reminded I said the same two years ago when I last ate there!!! Why oh why can’t you be closer to me up north!!!! So not fair. Well done to the whole team. Amazing. Till the next time best Sunday dinner in the land!!!!

1  Thank RachTurnip
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came here as a party of 7 for Sunday lunch on Easter Sunday, the place was very charming and the staff were friendly. The meals were cooked to perfection and very tasty, and available at a reasonable price. Could not fault this place at all. Definitely would visit again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Close to St Ives what a great little pub, very friendly staff, lovely selection of meals, very attentive, freshly cooked food , very relaxed atmosphere. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good food, attentive service without being overpowering. Toilets clean and fresh. Pleasant surroundings
Well worth a visit and the set menu is really good value for money