“Evening meal ”

Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Polperro
Price range: US$16 - US$46
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautiful building small and intimate interior suitable for couples and mainly adults wishing to enjoy freshly prepared food with friendly service
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Five star cuisine and service
Not over priced
You must visit this restaurant.
Booking essential.
All fresh produce
Well presented
Waitress very friendly without being intrusive
We had a great meal with quality wine at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Had a few evening meals very good great food nice people my husband can't eat butter or cream in food and they were great in changing menu to accommodate him nothing too much trouble for them at such short notice (the night we arrived)so a BIG THANK YOU to you xx

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We have been lucky enough to return to The Kitchen again and are delighted that Debbi is still maintaining an excellent standard. We have never been disappointed with anything we have eaten here and the atmosphere is always cheerful. It seems that we are not the only ones who feel this way about it as we have met several happy diners this time that we met on previous visits. We are already looking forward to our next meal.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

My wife and myself dined at the kitchen restaurant on Friday 1/6/18.The food was off the highest quality,the service was exceptional.I ordered the muscles followed by the steak ,my wife had mackerel followed by Hake. The muscles where cooked in cider with chorez the where plump and delicious,the steak was one of the best steaks I have eaten cooked to perfection the knife cut through like buttter .The knife was not a steak knife.My wife said her food was delicious.The deserts where of superb quality, I had the pannacotta for desert this was absolutely wonderful again best I've eaten.We have eaten in a number of Michelin star restaurants over the years,the food cooked and served in the kitchen restaurant is of equal quality.All the food is cooked to order by the owner who is also the chef.This restaurant is one not to miss if in polpero,but be sure to book in advance.Also she makes and serves a fantastic Madeira sauce with the steak,tried to get the recipe of her but she would not give in.
This is a fantastic place to eat don't miss out if you are in the area.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We have been previously and The Kitchen was good then, but it is now even better under the new owners. We ate in a party of 4 and all of us could not find fault in all 3 courses we had. The food was incredible, from fish to steak to desserts, some of the best dishes we've ever had. The service was the perfect mix of friendliness, without being intrusive.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, though as it is only small, booking would be advised.