“What a lovely Cottage”

Review of Cobblestones

only £695.00 p.w.
View from the garden upper deck. Perfect for outdoor eating  and sunbathing. The elegant exterior.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
only £695.00 p.w.
View from the garden upper deck. Perfect for outdoor eating  and sunbathing.
The elegant exterior.
View of the harbour from the dining room.
The dining room with very comfortable seating for four
Well equipped kitchen with espresso coffee maker
Spacious, cosy living room with fabulous wood burning stove and views over the harbour
...and views out to sea
...just chill out and take in the wonderful views of the harbour and out to sea.
Living room with door up to lovely sunny garden with lawns, decking and views to the sea
And so to bed - kingsize with goosedown quilt..
view from the garden over the village
funky bunks!
Modern shower room.
The Warren is part of the coastal path.Cobblestones is only yards further along on the left.
Polperro beach is less than a 4 minute stroll from Cobblestones..
A view from the opposite side of the harbour..
Take a fishing trip from one of the boats on the quay..
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

TammyBans...
Banstead Surrey
“What a lovely Cottage”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

My husband and I went to stay at the cottage with my sister and her husband. We had a really lovely time. The cottage was very clean and comfy plenty of room . Cosy at night and relaxed. The view from the garden was like a postcard and we sat there in the sun enjoying the view out to sea. I would recommend this cottage there was everything we needed . Excellent holiday certainly worth the money.

Mo & Tony

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved the lounge and the garden
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
kristylee...
Nadi, Fiji
“Couldn't think of anywhere better to chill out in this charming cottage”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

We have just come back from 4 nights stay at Cobblestones cottage and what a charming cottage it was. Home from home as we already live in a cottage.
We parked in the car park that is designated for the cottage which was 10 mins up a steep hill as you can't park outside due to the tiny lanes but this didn't bother us.
Once we had received the key from the welcoming owner, we headed straight to the blue peter pub (lovely food).
The cottage was on three levels, bedroom was lovely and the sitting room was just what we needed to chill out. The photos like stated before don't do it justice with Beautiful views.
Cottage has wifi and equipped with everything you would need. We did put only £1 in the electric meter which was very old school!!
Overall we loved our stay here and we would definitely return.
Beautiful cottage and village.

Liked best: Charm of the cottage - living room
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
JTPERRY
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

We have just returned from a last minute 3 day break in Polperro, staying in dear little "Cobblestones". The wettest winter since records began certainly lived up to its reputation, but armed with wet weather clothes we walked the cliffs and the lanes, ate in the "Blue Peter", recharged our batteries and thanked the world for giving us Polperro and this gorgeous cottage. Great lounge, comfortable bed, magnificent position and spectacular views of a raging winter sea. How lucky we are, thanks Polperro, thanks Cobblestones and see you again soon. Having stayed immediately after the departure of the person who have written a most dreadful review I find myself considering the law of libel. Oh well! We loved it.

Travelling group: Friends
MWILLSSou...
South Wales
“Filthy !”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

Do not stay at this property unless you are comfortable with the most horrible smell of damp upon arrival. You would also have to be happy with filthy carpets, curtains, kitchen, worktops, cupboards, crockery, shower room and vent. We were unable to hang our clothes as there was no wardrobe, only a cupboard which was full of junk and stank of damp. We decided to lay our clothes on the mattresses in the room with the bunk beds, but were unable to as these were also not clean enough. There was a throw placed accross the bottom of the double bed which smelled of pets and was full of animal hair. The two free standing heaters were not clean enough to dry a towel on and the whole of the property had cobwebs, black mould and dead flys throughout. My husband and I decided to contact the manager, Kelvin [--]. Initially on the telephone he refused to accept that the property was anything other than pristine, we then invited him to visit the cottage to view it for himself, at this point he refused and hung up. We then went to his house, where he told us that he and his wife would be with us in 5 minutes. When Mr and Mrs [--] entered the cottage they both mocked and openly laughed at what we considered to be legitimate complaints. As we continued to point out shortcomings with the cleanliness of the property Mr [--] began to raise his voice and became quite belligerent. However when he realised that he could not dispute the problems with the property he agreed to negotiate a refund as we were not prepared to stay for the four nights which we had paid for. He assured us that he would immediately refund the sum agreed via bank transfer, and as this was early evening and we had nowhere else to stay we agreed to leave early the following morning. My husband and I then went out to dinner, on our return we checked with our bank and was informed that no money had been returned from Mr [--] . We again rang Mr [--] (who by this time sounded quite drunk) and asked why he had not done as he had said he would. Mr [--] became irate , therefore I suggested I would speak to him in the morning when he was in a better frame of mind, Mr [--] again hung up. Within half an hour Mr [--] telephoned me to inform me that he had made the transfer of the funds which my bank later verified. We handed the keys back to Mr [--] at 8am the next morning. t

Management Response
5 Mar 2014
They say that sooner or later you’ll get ‘the holiday couple from hell ‘ and wow, we’ve just had ours. So many lovely people have stayed at beautiful ‘ Cobblestones’ and return year after year. Several hours after having given this reviewer the key and welcomed him into the cottage he and his wife aggressively banged on my door (just four cottages away) demanding that I immediately come so he can show me the ‘filthy’ condition. Within five minutes my wife and myself went to the cottage but before even crossing the threshold he was shouting abusively to us in the lane. On entering, he took off a decorative wall plate and threw it on the immaculate dining table because he had found a little dust behind it while shouting, ‘we can’t stay in a place with filth like this’. In shock and disbelief we slightly smiled until we realised he was being serious. The tirade continued into the bathroom where we found he’d wrenched off the cover to the extractor fan and found a little dust. To say the least his attitude was threatening. By this stage we simply wanted them out of the cottage so agreed to rebate them and, foolishly, allowed them to stay until the following morning - which they wanted to do. Inspecting the property the next day I found that he’d taken a chisel or knife to the immaculate grouting on the kitchen work top tiles and beside the new ceramic hob. This has now been repaired. We feel sorry for any holiday cottage owner who has the misfortune to accept a booking from these wretched people but I feel quite sorry for the couple themselves – they plainly need help. A last point, all this reviewers comments are untrue as are his accusations that I put the phone down or I was ‘drunk’. I think at seven in the evening everyone is entitled to a glass of wine with their supper which perhaps he could smell. Thank you to all our brilliant visitors, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
TheHardma...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A truly wonderful and charming cottage in a fantastic location!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

I recently stayed at Cobblestones with my husband and our five year old son and all I can say is I'm so glad we chose this cottage!

From the minute we walked through the door we fell in love with the place. It's so tastefully decorated and has everything you could possibly need, including a superb location, right in the heart of the village.

The dining room as you walk in is a lovely room and the kitchen is well equipped. Up the stairs (we loved the fish on the staircase wall!) on the first floor there is a bathroom then a lovely master bedroom and a smaller room with bunk beds (much to my son's delight!), both beautifully decorated with gorgeous sash windows looking out to the village. But the best was definitely saved until last - the lounge on the third floor. Our exact words as we walked in were WOW! It's the entire third floor, stunningly decorated (we loved the white washed stone walls) and has two big sash windows you can open to let the sea air and village atmosphere in, with views of the harbour, the village and out to sea. There are window seats and I sat there every single day. We loved it. The website just doesn't do it enough justice. It's a wonderful room.

To top it all off it also has a pretty tiered garden with stunning views. I can honestly say we loved every second we spent there.

We hope to return to Cobblestones as soon as possible as we miss it already!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the stunning decor, particularly in the third floor lounge.
Liked least: We liked everything! Yes, there's no parking nearby, but that's the price you pay for staying in the heart of an old village like Polperro.
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing