“Amazing fish pie”

Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Polperro
Price range: US$3 - US$21
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Home Cooked, Fresh, Locally Sourced Food. Specialising in hearty meals and fresh fish dishes.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My partner and our young daughter ate here on a recent trip to Polperro. Holidaymakers in a nearby café recommended The Three Pilchards and it didn't disappoint. The fish pie was amazing. All the food was of a high quality and reasonably priced. Thank you very much

1  Thank NJM90
DanKat80, Owner at The Three Pilchards, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thank you for your review - we really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback - and brilliant to hear you enjoyed your experience.
Kat, Dan and The Three Pilchards Team.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 247)

306 - 310 of 1 247 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This is a really nice friendly pub, the young staff are really lovely and helpful and they welcome dogs, we went for lunch there and ordered the crab and prawn club sandwich and if there was any crab and prawn inside it was hard to find because it was the fattest slices of bread we have ever seen !!!!.....no taste and no thought had gone into it and it was £13 !!!!!...we went back in the evening and to say I had the worst curry ever is an understatement, whatever I was given with the rice I have no idea but it was like scrag ends, inedible and unsure what it actually was, my good lady had a salad with scallops, scallops were nice but the whole plate looked like it had hurriedly been thrown together without any care or consideration, the whole bill with a few glasses of wine was more than we paid at Michells restaurant round the corner which is one of the best restaurants we have eaten in anywhere.....we will visit and drink at the Three Pilchards.....but never eat there again.....

1  Thank richardsmith878

Very sad to read your review - considering your 1 star seems based on the food alone and it looks as though you enjoyed the atmosphere and company at our historic little Pub. At present, we do not have any white crab on the menu. The Club Sandwich you would have purchased would have been the Smoked Salmon and Prawn Club - all of our Sandwiches are 'doorstep' style and are usually packed with filling. If you had pointed out your dissatisfaction to one of our members of staff during either of the meals you were unhappy with they would have been happy to try and rectify the situation for you.
We are a Food driven pub and do our best to ensure that the quality and presentation of our dishes is of a very high standard. I can only apologise if you felt this fell down somewhat during your visit.
We have taken your comments on board and will always continue to take feedback very seriously.
Again, sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Came here with our toddler and cannot fault the service, location or food. My toddler was more than happy with his fish, chips and peas; I had the scallops and prawns which were divine and my husband had the fish pie which was also delicious. The roof top terrace overlooking the bay was beautiful too. Staff friendly and great selection of drinks, reasonably priced.

Tip: there is no parking at the pub itself. Don’t do what we accidentally did and drive an estate car down through the village! Park at the main Polperro car park and walk down!

1  Thank Laura V

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Called in on the off chance there may be a table. There wasn’t but the staff offered seats at the bar as we would be next in line for a table, waited no more than 3 minutes and one came free. Ordered the seafood sharing platter and it was amazing Lovely and fresh tasting, could not fault on any way. Will definitely be going back!!

2  Thank katie8850

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My husband friends and I ate lunch at the Three Pilchards today, the food was truly terrible.
Potions were very small and food was dry and over cooked.
The food is so bad that the landlady even brings her own packed lunch
It was very upsetting as we had brought friends and didn’t like to make a seen.
It was a same as we have eaten there before and the food was good.
Hopefully this was just a bad day and standard will return to normal

1  Thank Mrsstan842060
DanKat80, Owner at The Three Pilchards, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Very saddened to read your review - I would have been more than happy to rectify any problems with your meals should you have raised your concerns with me during your visit - which I hope would have deterred you from leaving such a negative and detrimental review. In all honestly I am also a little despondent that you never left us a good feedback when you enjoyed your previous visits too.
As for myself consuming a 'packed lunch', I frequently box up a meal from the kitchen when I am on the bar so that I can eat it at my own leisure without putting extra strain on the kitchen during busy food times.
I am sad to hear you did not enjoy your experience and am extremely sorry if you felt our meals were not up to their usual standard. If you do visit again in future, I would strongly encourage any feedback you may have gets directed towards either myself or the staff so that we can satisfy your needs whilst you are still with us.
Kind Regards
Kat, Landlady @ The Three Pilchards.