“Still our favourite Restuarant in Penzance”

Blacks of Chapel Street
Ranked #19 of 196 Restaurants in Penzance
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Description: Welcome to Blacks of Chapel Street, a new bar and dining room in the historic heart of Penzance, designed to offer our customers that something a little bit different. Whatever time of day you are looking for a friendly relaxing place for tasty food and delicious drinks then come and have a look at what is to offer at Blacks. If you are in need of liquid refreshment then we can offer you a range of drinks including proper coffee (based on the award winning Fat Roc brand), Novus teas, non-alcoholic beverages, wine from our cellar, or why not treat yourself to some of the exciting and unusual beers we stock? Whether you're looking for a hearty breakfast, a light bite for lunch, a sharing platter for friends or a three-course meal, your day out wouldn't be complete without a visit to Blacks. If you would like to know more, come in and see us, or contact us and we will be happy to answer your questions.
Reviewed 10 October 2018

We have been coming here for a few years always on the last night of our stay at Kenegie Manor Holiday Park. Tonight was the first day for a new chef. I had a steak and my wife had risotto . Both meals were delicious and of the highest standard. Can thoroughly recommend this place. For its food, friendly staff and ambiance.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

I was alone, when I called in for an early dinner. I was made more than welcome, and enjoyed a wonderful trio of fish dinner. I also came there two days later for lunch and had the slow roast pork. It was delish!

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

My partner and I were visiting Penzance from Sunday to Tuesday. On the Sunday it was quite late and we could not find anywhere that was open, but luckily managed to stumble upon this restaurant, needless to say we were extremely impressed and happy! The service was amazing, lovely wine and ambience in the restaurant, I had the steak and my partner had the pork belly and we were both more than impressed with the dishes and we both eat out quite a lot. We were so pleased that we went back the next evening and had the seafood (on the first night they were out of mussels as we went quite late) they were delicious and a very good portion for a starter, we both had the fish which were on the specials board for main. Again excellent service, they were kind enough to seat us at the bar while waiting for a table for dinner prior as they were busy but kept us informed throughout and we were seated promptly after it cleared out. The only criticism is that the toilets seemed in a bit of a bad condition but other than that no complaints! Would recommend!

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We passed this place in the early afternoon and the fish specials appealed to my Dad, so I booked online for this evening. So glad I did, it was lovely, from the excellent and very tasty seafood platter as a starter, to the trio of fish and the hake with chorizo & asparagus risotto, to the wine list, to the very friendly service.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank flipringer
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Really disappointed as we were looking forward to seafood. We were welcomed as those a bit of an inconvenience, the mussels were far too salty, bread wasn't fresh, croquettes were bland - like mashed potatoes crumbed, the monkfish vegetables dry and unappetising. The sole fish was really nice but the potatoe side were undercooked and had a very strange flavour. My partner and I are not picky people when it comes to fresh seafood but this was a very disappointing experience.

Date of visit: August 2018